• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW decides another one, the greatest All-Rounder ever. 32 players, Nomination thread!

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
oh I dont know what to do. Hard to measure 2 disciplines across so many different formats

mr_mister

I was actually considering that, I mean we'd race to 40 and then even 50 easily enough. But the final names would be like Michael Bevan/Shane Warne calibre I imagine

quality All-rounders are a lot rarer than I thought

Last edited:

mr_mister

okay Watson in for Hammond and this list is about done. Yes Hammond took a million FC wickets but he also played for half the bloody century

Imran
Hadlee
Sobers
Botham
Miller
Kallis
Procter
Mankad
Flintoff
Grace
Kapil
Wilfred Rhodes
S Pollock
Chris Cairns
Dan Vettori
Klusener
Greig
Wasim
Shane Watson
Heath Streak
Shakib Al Hasan
Aubrey Faulkner
Clive Rice
Gilbert Jessop
Sanath Jayasuriya
Learie Constantine
Shahid Afridi
Monty Noble
Armstrong
Goddard
Mustaq Mohammad
Richie Benaud

mr_mister

well **** me I thought that was the consensus choice

you even named your bloody account after him

jaideep

U19 12th Man
Hammond in place of Jessop.His FC stats are good but his test record is ordinary(although only 18 tests).

mr_mister

yeah but his ODI stats are a lot better as are Watson's

and Streak's bowling average is deceptive IMO, as often stated here he had to carry the entire pace attack on his own shoulders

cnerd123

likes this
Yeeee 64 players. This could take a while.

Off the top of my head...

Ashwin
Bravo
Oram
Ryan ten Doeschate
Steve Tikolo
Angelo Mathews
Hafeez
Duminy
Maurice Tate
Alec Bedser
Ekanth Solkar
Symonds
Watson
Harper
Razzaq
Azhar Mahmood
Neil Johnson

jaideep

U19 12th Man
yeah but his ODI stats are a lot better as are Watson's

and Streak's bowling average is deceptive IMO, as often stated here he had to carry the entire pace attack on his own shoulders
Streak's ODI batting average is deceptive helped by high percentage of not outs.(55 in 159) .Watson is one of the best ODI all-rounders of the last 10-12 years.

mr_mister

yeah the good thing about this is we don't have to split hairs with regards to similarly skilled players, the floodgates are now open.

Everyone ***** mentioned is in, plus Waugh and Vaas.. plus Chris Harris, Gubby Allen and these guys mentioned last page

Frank Woolley
George Giffen
John Reid
Frank Foster
Davidson
Bailey

mr_mister

Streak's ODI batting average is deceptive helped by high percentage of not outs.(55 in 159) .Watson is one of the best ODI all-rounders of the last 10-12 years.
hey those mofos couldn't get him out not his problem. anyway it doesnt matter we're doing 64 and we're nearly there anyway. Maybe Streak will run into Watson round 1 and then we will truely see WHATS UP