• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CricketWeb Tennis - Season I

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If there is no requirement to rest Mustard will head to London. Also, happy to team with Davis if he wants to.
Happy to team up with Jojo, as always.

As such, I will hit up London for the singles tourny too. Hoping for some big nights out on the town and some drinking compos between the Davis/Mustard pairing and the Drake/Korpinen pairing.

Happy daze.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
naa there are clay court tournaments on throughout the whole season, just not as reguarly in the rest of the year as there is around March-May.
How else do guys like Robredo, Almagro and Moya etc... keep such high rankings.

ripper868

International Coach
naa there are clay court tournaments on throughout the whole season, just not as reguarly in the rest of the year as there is around March-May.
How else do guys like Robredo, Almagro and Moya etc... keep such high rankings.
Cheers, we know where maxum will be most of the time then.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
French Open - Men's Singles Final

Sven Oxenstierna CWL (8) vs. Daniel Páez Blanco ESP (2)

Second seed Daniel Páez Blanco has authoratatively stormed back into the men's final with a dominant third set performance against the CWLand number one. Despite some inspired player from eighth seed Sven Oxenstierna in the second set to draw level, the CWLander was not prepared for the Spaniard to lift his game as he controlled the play with some brilliant shots. Oxenstierna's service has been much maligned this season, and there must have been something in the water in break between sets as his percentage fell from over seventy in the second to just above fifty in the third. Nothing showed this decrease more than his first service game as Blanco capitalised on some non-threatening second serves to quickly jump ahead to a 2-0 lead. Meanwhile, Blanco was not intent on sitting back as he turned the tide quickly by stamping his authority on the match - two back-to-back forehand winners in Oxenstierna's next service game giving him the double break. The Ox was left playing defensive tennis for most of the set - a stark contrast to his assertive play in the second set - as Blanco quickly found himself ahead 5-0. In an eight minute service game, Oxenstierna managed to just cling on after three deuces to get on the board, but found himself staring down the barrel of two set points within a matter of minutes. Whilst he managed to show a brief glimpse of form to save one with a superb forehand down the line which shocked the CWLander himself, he wasn't able to do anything with a searing serve which handed the Spaniard a one set buffer. The CWLander now finds himself in real trouble against the confident second seed - if he doesn't replicate more of the tennis he produced in the second set and in the penultimate point of the third, he will surely crash to defeat.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
French Open (Day Fourteen) - May 25- June 8 Season I

French Open - Men's Singles Final

Sven Oxenstierna CWL (8) vs. Daniel Páez Blanco ESP (2)

Daniel Páez Blanco has celebrated his ascent to the world number one position in the best posible fashion after sealing a crushing victory over new world number four Sven Oxenstierna in the singles final of the French Open. After two tight sets to start the match, Blanco came into the fourth with all the momentum in the world behind him after he smashed the CWLander in the third set, and looked to continue his domination. Attempting to stay in the match, Oxenstierna started in the worst possible way as he was again found wanting on service with Blanco breaking in the first game of the set. Whilst the eighth seed held his second game, he rarely troubled Blanco on service and at 1-3 down was in dire need of a miracle. That miracle didn't come as the world number one again broke the CWLander's serve; even when he did manage to get first serves in, he waited for Blanco to make mistakes instead of winning the point for himself like he had in the first two sets. Serving to stay in the match, Oxenstierna looked resigned to a loss and did little to rectify that situation as Blanco converted the first of his championship points; Oxenstierna sending a lob long to give the Spanish 28-year old his maiden Grand Slam victory 7-5, 3-6, 6-1, 6-1.

In the post-match presentations, the champion gave credit to the CWLander's performance. "He play[ed] very good tennis in the first two sets, which is a credit considering how far he's come this season," he said, "But as the match went on, I saw him tighten up a bit and that was good for me". Blanco also expressed his joy of winning the so-called "big one" of the clay season. "It's good, yes, to get the win. I made it my goal, and I'm very happy to have succeeded there." A dejected Oxenstierna was suitably impressed by his opponent's performance as he was presented with the runner's up shield: "At the end of the second set, I thought I was in with a real chance, but then he came out and just blew me away. He's a very good player". The Ox also sounded out a warning to the world number one, "But maybe next year is my year. Who knows?" In all reality, Oxenstierna could exact his revenge next week at the Gerry Weber Open in Halle - the two men both wanting to show that they will be a force in the short grass court season.