• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CricketWeb Tennis - Season I

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well, not a good result in the match, but a fantastic tournament for the virgin CWLand team. An exceptional ahead-of-ranking finish for Oxenstierna and Drake/Korpinen.

A disappointing tournament overall for myself, but it was good to see Mustard get a decent run.

All in all, as a country CWLand can rightly be proud of a very good performance.

Indipper

State Regular
Wait a minute! This is Halle in West, not old Red Army launchpad! Stakhanov requests transfer to London to party with oily new Russians.

Mister Wright

Well done Ox, was very competitive for the first half of the match. Great tournament for CWLand, and Mustard was stoked with his efforts. He's now hoping for more with the grass season approaching.

David

International 12th Man
Crushed by the Ox's capitulation. Was really hoping he'd be able to at least push blanco to 5 sets. Still, an excellent result regardless, congrats on making it to the final!

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Rankings & Injuries - June 7, I

Top Fifty

CWLanders

Injuries

Some of the rankings might seem slightly off, but over the past however many weeks I've put all the points people have got from tournaments into a spreadsheet so when I need to count the top eighteen I can. Some of the points I had in the rankings were slightly off, so guys like Smeltz and Mustard lost ten points, the Hensons exchanged 75 and Ross Onwye gets another hundred. Also, the number of tournaments did a big jump (particularly Bowenburg). It isn't exact - it only includes qualifiying draws where someone scored points (like 8 pts for a final in a Grand Slam), Challengers and main draws.

Season fixtures attached.

Attachments

HeathDavisSpeed

Interesting. Remained in about the same position as from the start of the clay season. Pretty happy with that as it was clearly a poor surface for me.

Do you have a Top 20/50 doubles rankings at all?

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Disappointed to end the clay court season at 27th, was really hoping to be top 10 by years end but that seems unlikely now.

Mister Wright

Hopefully Mustard can break into the top 25 with the grass season coming up. Mustard did much better than expected during the clay court season, and hopefully can gain a seeding for Wimbledon.

luffy

International Captain
SBI: will I be playing in the next comp?

If so, as mentioned before, I'll take Poland if I am.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
BOWENBURG QUITS PLAYING WITH HIS NINTEH DOH

Rob Bowenburg ranked number 72 in the world has decided to end his doubles association with partner Ninteh Doh.

Bowenburg has recently split up with Ninteh Doh ending their association both on and off the court.

The Lob did not want to give away too many details of the split, "Time for an upgrade" was his response after leaving the Halle practise courts.

Bowenburg who is battling fatigue and struggling with form has recently stated that he'll be taking "a bit of a break" after the completion of Wimbledon to energize and "get some sun" at his home on the Dalmation Coast of Croatia.

REUTERS

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Altman given tricky Italian start (Warsaw)
Qualifying (Draw)
Main Draw (Top Half - Bottom Half)

Top seed Illya Altman has been handed a tricky draw in his assault in Warsaw after being drawn against world number 97 Massimo Prodi in the first round. Despite a first round exit at the French Open, the Italian had a career best performance just weeks earlier in Estoril where he reached the semifinals. If the Ukrainian should win, he faces an even tougher second clash against Jean-Alain Depuis who should be full of confidence after a fantastic run at the French Open. Elsewhere, fourth seed Jamee Hancianu has been given the worst start off all the seeded players as he faces off against Aussie Toby Brookes. Brookes has run himself into some killer form as of late; a third round appearance in Paris good reward for his win in Pörtschach.

Prediction: 3-Sanchez Emelio def. 1-Illya Altman
Dark Horse: Mark Harmel

Blanco to ease into grass season (Halle)
Qualifying (Draw)
Main Draw (Top Half - Bottom Half)

Endeavouring to show that he is more than a clay court player, new world number one Daniel Páez Blanco has been handed a favourable draw in Halle after drawing fellow clay court grafter Maarten Berg in the first round. Whilst powerhouse Norwegian Tom Vollan awaits in the second round, Blanco will undoubtedly find his biggest test in the quarterfinals as a possible matchup against the versatile French Open semifinalist, Dwayne Murdoch, awaits. Second seed Sven Oxenstierna also joins in an attempt to prove his credentials on the faster courts; he faces Japanese journeyman Ninteh Doh first up in a winnable encounter.

Prediction: 5-Dwayne Murdoch def. 3-Juan Moreno
Dark Horse: Patrick Pascaul

Henson returns to face Aussie hope (London)
Qualifying (Draw)
Men's Singles (Section 1 - Section 2 - Section 3 - Section 4)
Men's Doubles (Top Half - Bottom Half)

After over two months out of the game, former world number two Rick Henson returns from a badly torn calf muscle this week in London with a first round match with Australian Adam Murray. The 28-year old American hasn't played since his third round exit to Heath Davis in Miami back in March, and will hope to pick up some much needed match practice against the overmatched Aussie. Whilst an unlikely rematch with Davis could only eventuate in the final, he could find himself against another CWLander in the form of Alex de Wet if results go that way. Elsewhere, top seed Jason Hall will face either Matthew Tobin or the man who knocked him out in the Madrid Masters, Paolo Mandonna, in the second round at the top of the draw. In the battle of the big serves, David Champion and Zhenyu Fok attempt to overturn their poor results throughout the clay season by starting off on a winning note in the AEGON Championships at Queen's Club.

In the doubles draw, the Henson Brothers team up to face the Indian Kumar Brothers in the pick of the first round. The winner of that clash will face French Open runners up Tal Cohen and Raz Teper in the second round, whilst top seeds Hayden and Ross Onwye could face world number five Radek Špidla and his partner Pavel Polak. The first section of the draw is particularly tricky with Morgan Carter and Wayne Boyd looking to bounce back from a first round exit in Paris; standing in their way are fifth seeds Heath Davis and Jojo Mustard.

Prediction: 1-Jason Hall def. 2-Radek Špidla
Dark Horse: 11-Oneil Stewart

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How did Hancianu as the number 4 seed end up in Altman (the number 1 seeds) quarter? He should have been where I am in the draw, not that I am complaining as it gives me a better chance of progressing.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Whoops. Switched 4 and 6 around accidentally. Disregard all that stuff about Hancianu; he faces Navarro first, and Bachunelli gets Brookes. Cheers for pointing it out, by the way.

HeathDavisSpeed

Crikey. There must be a lot of the top names in the draw in London. Thought I may have. Big names throughout the tourny. Its gonna be a tough one to make decent progression in, but I hold out vast confidence in both myself and Jojo in making inroads into the big names in the singles and doubles.