• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CricketWeb selects the ATG ODI XI

TheGreatest

U19 Cricketer
Would have gone for Kapil or Klusener if there was an extra bowling option that was good but in the absence of them Pollock is an easy pick

also lol at whoever suggested Cronje and Viv were better captains than Dhoni
Well, I have to disagree regarding Cronje. Under him SA were the best ODI team. They trashed everyone including Australia. But yeah his only blemish was not winning the 99 WC which he should have.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I am going to jump ahead and select Akram given the 8-0 vote in his favor.

1. Lara
2. Tendulkar
3. Viv
4. Kohli
5. ABD
6. Dhoni
8. Akram
9. Garner
10. McGrath
11. Murali

Let us now vote for the final position no.7 in the lineup. This should be interesting.
This team won't be winning many matches if it has Pollock at 7. Pollock was deemed not good enough to play at 7 consistently by his own team but going to play at that position in this atg team. One position too high for him and that lower order looks so weak with no hitting power at all.

subshakerz

International Coach
This team won't be winning many matches if it has Pollock at 7. Pollock was deemed not good enough to play at 7 consistently by his own team but going to play at that position in this atg team. One position too high for him and that lower order looks so weak with no hitting power at all.
Most of Pollock's career was at no.7 where he averaged 30 with the bat.

Kapil at no.6/7 averaged 26/24.

I think the team will be fine.

Adorable Asshole

International Regular
that's what i'm saying Mcgrath doesn't deserves to be in the team. With Pollock and Garner there is no need of Mcgrath

This team is the best

Gilchrist *
Sachin
Viv (c)
Kohli
ABD
Flintoff
Kluesner
Pollock
Akram
Garner
Murali/Warne

subshakerz

International Coach
that's what i'm saying Mcgrath doesn't deserves to be in the team. With Pollock and Garner there is no need of Mcgrath

This team is the best
What's your beef with McGrath. Most of us here consider him the best ODI bowlers of all time. Besides we need a token Aussie.

Flintoff is the one who is overrated actually.

Socerer 01

International Captain
Well, I have to disagree regarding Cronje. Under him SA were the best ODI team. They trashed everyone including Australia. But yeah his only blemish was not winning the 99 WC which he should have.
there’s a bigger blemish and stain on his whole career which is funny as Dhoni himself is no saint in this

Adorable Asshole

International Regular
What's your beef with McGrath. Most of us here consider him the best ODI bowlers of all time. Besides we need a token Aussie.

Flintoff is the one who is overrated actually.
Nothing but why play Mcgrath when Pollock and Garner are already in the team.

And Garner is the best ODI bowler of all time.

Last edited:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I remeber in 1999 world cup, Pollock was often batting ahead of Klusener. His team actually had lot of belief in his batting ability.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I remeber in 1999 world cup, Pollock was often batting ahead of Klusener. His team actually had lot of belief in his batting ability.
That is because Klusenar came in at 8. They won't be having Pollock at 7 if it was only Akram at 8 with nothing after him.

Is there a single odi where Pollock batted at 7 with a weak tail?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I am going to jump ahead and select Akram given the 8-0 vote in his favor.

1. Lara
2. Tendulkar
3. Viv
4. Kohli
5. ABD
6. Dhoni
8. Akram
9. Garner
10. McGrath
11. Murali

Let us now vote for the final position no.7 in the lineup. This should be interesting.
This is hilarious. Can Aus just have McGrath back please, then you guys can put in whoever you like instead. Aus can then just run the 03 or 07 WC sides against your chosen line up and towel them to kingdom come.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
That is because Klusenar came in at 8. They won't be having Pollock at 7 if it was only Akram at 8 with nothing after him.

Is there a single odi where Pollock batted at 7 with a weak tail?
First one I checked:

Botha-Morkel-Steyn-Langeveldt definitely not great.

TheGreatest

U19 Cricketer
This is hilarious. Can Aus just have McGrath back please, then you guys can put in whoever you like instead. Aus can then just run the 03 or 07 WC sides against your chosen line up and towel them to kingdom come.
McGrath is really special but I guess compared to other nations he didn't had much success against South Africa.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year