• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketweb decides the best fielder ever

Victor Ian

International Coach
I just spent a long while watching every Jonty fielding bit I could find. I think I'm convinced enough to pick him, but seeing as it doesn't matter....

Ponting
Symonds (can't see him whitewashed!)

Thanks for those Harper moments to those who posted them.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Harper to me, whenever I watched him, was even better than Symonds as an allround fielder. Ponting is a great catcher but he used to stand at least 10 yards deeper than Jonty when he fielded at point. More reaction time and all that. I just think Jonty is the best fielder I have seen, period. You don't punish Don Bradman for not being a great number 4 or opener or number 6. When you are THAT good in one position, people generally don't have you move. :)

Victor Ian

International Coach
Yeah, I'm sold on Jonty. One thing I rate with Symonds is that he made things look so effortless and in watching Jonty I am impressed with how he made being everywhere near his zone look so effortless.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Its even more heartbreaking after you watch your team field and keep pointing fingers to non-existent boundary riders every time the ball goes past them. And then you see half of your batsmen's cuts and flicks not get them 4s or 2s or even 1s with Jonty fielding for the other team.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Saw Rhodes drop too many catches, and Ponting take too many screamers.

If it was best ground-fielder, might go with Rhodes. But for "best fielder ever":

Ponting

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Still can't quite believe how Rhodes took the 4th catch here.

Has to be the best fielding display in a single match ever.