• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CricketWeb Commentary

James

Cricket Web Owner
A great idea if people are up for it.

I'd like to be fairly certain that what Pratters is saying wouldn't cause us any issues though.

Also, it would be preferred if I could create a page on CW for this so it helps to drive traffic and more membership across our various features.

Another option guys is whether we consider going down this route again - http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/cricket-chat/21554-cricketweb-round-table-1-audio.html? This was nearly 10 years ago now, but it very well done at the time and I'm sure would be well received.

archie mac

International Coach
A great idea if people are up for it.

I'd like to be fairly certain that what Pratters is saying wouldn't cause us any issues though.

Also, it would be preferred if I could create a page on CW for this so it helps to drive traffic and more membership across our various features.

Another option guys is whether we consider going down this route again - http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/cricket-chat/21554-cricketweb-round-table-1-audio.html? This was nearly 10 years ago now, but it very well done at the time and I'm sure would be well received.
Round Table was a great idea. I think I was signed up on an exclusive deal to do No. 2 but my screen test led to the whole think being scrapped

Flem274*

123/5
We could do youtube type stuff too where we analyse games or whatever. Youtube channels are huge things these days and if ours got big enough then the advertising/promos we could do would bring James ***y, ***y cold hard cash.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd love to have a crack at this, it would be a blast. It's a great idea if we can get it going.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I have visions of being the new Henry Blofeld. Mainly in that I could twatter on about any old bollocks only vaguely related to the cricket.

"Oh look, Athers, there's a pigeon!"

James

Cricket Web Owner
Do we have a volunteer who would like to head this up in a similar way to what Adders did with the Phil Hughes banner thread?

I can organise particulars with this person and get some kind of system setup on the site.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Do we have a volunteer who would like to head this up in a similar way to what Adders did with the Phil Hughes banner thread?

I can organise particulars with this person and get some kind of system setup on the site.
I would be happy to assist, but don't really have much time at the moment (away for 2 weeks in February, for example) but would be happy to be on some working group or summat. Just won't be any help with any technical issues.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I have loads of time on my hands so would happily be an admin for it or whatever, unless there's someone better equipped who wants to do it.

cnerd123

likes this
Can't wait till we create threads to judge and compare the CWers who do the commentating. Will be fantastic.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
"Is Phlegm better than Ian Healy?"
"Heef vs. Bill Lawry -- Battle of the Bird-Loving Commentators"
"I didn't realise a commentator could be worse than Brayshaw until Dan came along"