• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketing lexicon

Bijed

International Regular
Jennings' drop, noun

A comically bad failure to complete a straightforward task.

"Shri's failure to correctly disembark from a bus has been described by some as a Jennings' drop."

Bijed

International Regular
Pick Jennings, verb

To use something despite it being broken.

'I can't get my phone screen repaired until Monday, so I'm going to have to pick jennings for a while.'
Today's instalment of 'things that stayed relevant longer than they should'

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is one of my favourite CW threads. Just opened it up for a reprise and see ***** has been stinking it up. Fer shame.

Bijed

International Regular
Shakib's World Cup, noun

A brilliant standout performance in a sporting event

"I still can't believe Michael Phelps won eight gold medals and seven world records in the Olympics that time, it really was a Shakib's World Cup for him."

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
athlai, verb

To be incredibly untrustworthy.

"This evil bastard spent days trying to convince me he was actually a horse. There he was, eating hay and ****ting in my living room and demanding apples and sugarcubes. More fool me, it turned out he was athlaing the whole time"

Can't believe this only makes sense to me now. :laugh:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Fatbobkey, noun

An item that counterintuitively seems to work incredibly well, despite all evidence suggesting it shouldn't.

"Yeah, they have holes and suspicious looking stains, but my old jeans are a total fatbobkey; I pull every time I wear them."

Olliepope, noun

An item that doesn't seem to work in practice, despite all evidence suggesting it should.

"The meal in the Michelin starred restaurant was an olliepope, she said she only saw me as a friend."

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Baz-, prefix

A crude and aggressive strategy, particularly one that is inexplicably successful.

"In accordance with our pivot to "Bazvertising", all of our commercials now consist of an angry man screaming at viewers to gamble more. BetBet's revenues have tripled."

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
woakes, noun

To be useful or productive at home but completely useless otherwise.

“I get loads done when I work from home but when I go into the office between chatting, ogling pretty ladies and visiting the vending machine I become a total woakes”

or

“My phone battery is so drained that I have to have it plugged in all the time; it’s basically a woakes.”

Shady on Root, verb

To assess something’s value based on a tiny portion of what it offers.

My mate heard Revolution 9 and decided The Beatles are ****e - what a Shady on Root that was!”

Last edited:

Shady Slim

International Coach
woakes, noun

To be useful or productive at home but completely useless otherwise.

“I get loads done when I work from home but when I go into the office between chatting, ogling pretty ladies and visiting the vending machine I become a total woakes”

or

“My phone battery is so drained that I have to have it plugged in all the time; it’s basically a woakes.”
smart man, getting in before someone can claim this one as "to anderson"