• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketers that never added much to there team

Xuhaib

International Coach
Afridi in first half of his career was a gamble that Pakistan could afford to carry Givin the batting and especially bowling strength and it came off at some vital times too Madras Test, Tri series finals in Australia 97. In second half he was worth his place in the side for bowling alone and still played some important knocks World T 20 in England comes to mind immediately not my favorite but Pakistan post 2005 would have been poorer side without Afridi.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
If Watling was Aussie he'd be a discount Tim Paine struggling to make a state side

The exposure and opportunity he got playing for NZ is what allowed him to achieve what he did statistically
Yeah - he would've ended up Peter Nevill. Dropped/not picked because he wasn't a ****!

Ps. That second sentence gave me a major brain injury

Xuhaib

International Coach
The worst part about him is not even his onfield performances if you see any of his interviews the guy is deluded as hell and literally believes he was the second coming of Miandad and internal politics robbed Pakistan of his services.
My best memory of Faisal Iqbal is just from couple of years back he apparently was on a trip to Disneyland USA and he some how convinced them that he was a big deal in the cricketing world. They acknowledged his trip on their Twitter handle it went somewhat like this "We welcome international cricketer and Pakistan cricket superstar Mr Faisal Iqbal to Disneyland" I found it funny as hell.

ashley bach

International Captain
Tony Suji. Look him up
Indeed his stats are hilarious, in the team as a bowler with an average of 56.
Average of 13 with the bat and a strike rate of 50. How on earth did he come to play 60 matches I wonder, chosen as a fielder?
This wins the prize to fit the OP here for sure.

Dendarii

International Debutant
Tony's Cricinfo bio:
Tony Suji, younger brother of Martin, is an allrounder who can count himself fortunate to have had a prolonged run in the Kenyan side without ever coming up with the goods. In 44 ODIs he managed only one fifty, and his first-class record is not much better. His hundred against Bermuda in the 2005 Intercontinental Cup semi-final was his first in competitive cricket, and only the second time he had passed fifty in 78 innings. He was a member of both the 1999 and 2003 World Cup squads, although he did not feature in all of the matches, and while he retained a place in the squad for the World Cricket League and the World Cup, it is hard to see him forcing his way back into the side on ability alone.
And it's not like Martin's stats are much better. 64 ODIs, average of 51 with the ball and 8 with the bat.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Marrying a decent looking girl isn't success. That's like having one good innings.

A sustained period of hooking up with high quality (and varied) opposition is required to be ranked highly.

Also to be a successful man while your married requires performance away from home
Are you admitting to having goomahs