• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket on YouTube

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Dravid's dismissal was even greater IMO, considering it was in a ****ing Test match!

YouTube - Brendon McCullum - One of the greatest wicketkeeper catches ever
Very good keeping. People are doing it a lot now. I remember a couple of years ago arguing on here, with Scaly IIRC, that it was good keeping as an England keeper tried to anticipate the paddle by moving to leg, the batsman missed the ball and it went for byes. It was still the right idea as McCullum showed here.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Law 41 states that: "Any significant movement by any fielder after the ball comes into play and before the ball reaches the striker is unfair. In the event of such unfair movement, either umpire shall call and signal Dead ball."

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Law 41 states that: "Any significant movement by any fielder after the ball comes into play and before the ball reaches the striker is unfair. In the event of such unfair movement, either umpire shall call and signal Dead ball."
Define "significant movement".

Daemon

Define "significant movement".
I'm not going to define anything I didn't come up with, that's straight from the rule book. My stance on this is it shouldn't be allowed because the batsmen played the shot knowing that the area is vacant. When he was about to play the shot, suddenly that gap was covered without his knowledge. Bit harsh IMHO.

Although I admit its pretty ****ing awesome to pull something like that off :happy:

Maybe keepers, but definitely not first slip running to leg slip

Last edited:

Top_Cat

I'm not going to define anything I didn't come up with, that's straight from the rule book. My stance on this is it shouldn't be allowed because the batsmen played the shot knowing that the area is vacant. When he was about to play the shot, suddenly that gap was covered without his knowledge. Bit harsh IMHO.
Yeah but even if strictly against the rules, there's a greater good to be mindful of. Good cricket like an incredible bit of anticipation/athleticism shouldn't be penalised by rule changes.

Harsh, life is harsh. Unfair, no way.