• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket DVDs

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I can't find the old thread.

I am thinking of buying some cricket DVDs. Which ones do you recommend?

I have the following -

Brian Lara's 400
Ashes 2005
Hidden Ashes 2005
India-Australia 2001
India-Australia 1998 (VCD)
India-Australia Adelaide 2004
India-Pakistan 2004 (Tests and ODIs)
Australia v RSA (434 game)
ABC Bodyline It's Just Not Cricket
Bodyline (The TV series)

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Some of the DVDs I am looking at purchasing -

Australian Cricket through the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s.
Cricket Archives - DVD - ABC Shop
Bradman - Reflections on a Legend - DVD - ABC Shop
Madras Magic - The Tied Test of '86 - DVD - ABC Shop

Pakistan in West Indies 1993 (Should I?)

The Tied Test-1960 59 Min.(color/B&W)

Australia vs West Indies 1992/93 Test Match Series 150 Min.(color)

Taylor's Heroes 1995 90 Min.(color)

Australia vs India 1980/81 Test Match Series 150 Min.(color) (Should I?)

India vs Pakistan 1st Test Match 1999 180 Min.(color)

India vs Pakistan 2nd Test Match 1999 180 Min.(color)

World of Cricket 205 Min.(color/B&W) (Should I?)

Golden Greats of Cricket(Batsmen) 88 Min.(color/B&W) (Should I?)

Golden Greats of Cricket(Bowlers) 75 Min(color/B&W) (Should I?)

Bradman 87 Not Out 1996 65 Min(color/B&W)

ESPN Legends of Cricket

Bodyline-The Documentary 40 Min.(B&W/color) (Should I?)

See link and suggest other must buys I might be missing.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Breaking Boundaries (about Ireland's 2007 World Cup) is supposed to be an incredible watch. Surprisingly I still haven't seen it myself. Of all the people you'd expect to have that DVD... :p

pasag

RTDAS
Cricket Archives is fantastic, has really rare footage but not a massive amount. If you want I can buy it and send it to you. Just saw your email btw.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Some of the DVDs I am looking at purchasing -

Pakistan in West Indies 1993 (Should I?)

Australia vs India 1980/81 Test Match Series 150 Min.(color) (Should I?)

Golden Greats of Cricket(Batsmen) 88 Min.(color/B&W) (Should I?)

Golden Greats of Cricket(Bowlers) 75 Min(color/B&W) (Should I?)

Bradman 87 Not Out 1996 65 Min(color/B&W)
Defiantely to these since i have them.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Definitely get those two first if there's a limit on the amount you can afford.
Yeah thanks a lot. I am really looking at buying these two as a MUST. The Bradman interview is some thing I want. Then there was a Bradman memorial documentary which was available for just a few days on youtube and I sadly have just half of that but that is not as good as the actual Bradman interview.

This specific Bodyline DVD is the only Bodyline DVD missing from my collection. I have most books on the series as well. Was thinking whether this DVD would be a must and I thought it probably is. It will contain some very historic footage, I am sure.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Defiantely to these since i have them.
Golden Greats? How good are they? Not keen on buying them if they are not 'great'.

Why do you select the below two series -

Pakistan in West Indies 1993

Australia vs India 1980/81 Test Match Series 150 Min.(color)

I have little knowledge about them. How was the quality of cricket in them?

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Golden greats of batting & the bowlers (especially) has some great clips of almost all the great bowlers & wonderful descriptions of them - A MUST BUY.

PAK vs WI - Waqar at his peak - you dont want it better. Although PAK lost, some excellent highlights.

AUS vs IND - As an Indian i think you will enjoy this seeing the likes of Viswanath batting etc..

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I have the Bodyline DVD now. With that, I have all the 3 DVD sets on the Bodyline series - The Tv Series, The ABC documentary and the BBC Documentary plus loads of books on Bodyline. I will spare 3 months to concentrate on Bodyline in due course and absorb the series as much as I can. Delighted to say the least.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The four videos BBC did on the history of cricket in Australia, England, India and West Indies are really good. A must watch IMO. They are available on youtube if any one is keen to watch.

kingkallis

International Coach
Golden Greats? How good are they? Not keen on buying them if they are not 'great'.

Why do you select the below two series -

Pakistan in West Indies 1993

Australia vs India 1980/81 Test Match Series 150 Min.(color)

I have little knowledge about them. How was the quality of cricket in them?
Haynes, Lara were superb in that series. Pakistan dropped way too many catches as well!

Days of Grace

International Captain
Breaking Boundaries (about Ireland's 2007 World Cup) is supposed to be an incredible watch. Surprisingly I still haven't seen it myself. Of all the people you'd expect to have that DVD... :p
I actually saw this on a plane flight to London last year. Was a good watch, but I wouldn't spend money on it.

Days of Grace

International Captain
The four videos BBC did on the history of cricket in Australia, England, India and West Indies are really good. A must watch IMO. They are available on youtube if any one is keen to watch.
Can you provide a youtube link for one of the videos, please?:)

Xuhaib

International Coach
Haynes, Lara were superb in that series. Pakistan dropped way too many catches as well!
This series was the zenith of the infighting in the PAkistan team during the 90's.Wasim felt he had the team to win in WI but lack of support from the senior players really let him down though later on admitted his approach to tackle the team like Imran did was his undoing as he was still too young to follow Imran style.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
A friend just told me that he had seen a DVD a few years back which contained footage from all (or most) of the tests that Bradman played. Does anyone know about this? He said that it might have had Bodyline in its name.

kingkallis

International Coach
I am also interested in buying these DVDs as well. Who has the best collection in India? Can anyone suggest?