• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Cheats Caught on Camera

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
Clearly just stopped when he saw the other fielder going for the ball

And Bevan was run out the same way earlier in the same match, but riots and purblind hyprocrisy seem par for the course.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If by "stopped" you mean he sidestepped into the runners way and extended his shoulder then sure. The Bevan runout wasn't as blatant at all but in the interest of fairness we can say the west indies bowler cheated too.

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
In fairness, but your descriptions are a trifle fictionalised. Julian moves at the time of collision like a person making a sudden stop, and technically doesn't extend his shoulder, nor by your broader definition. Campbell fell because rather than continuing in the same direction like Bevan did and pushing past Julian's left shoulder, he decided to change to going back towards the pitch and lost his footing trying to pull it off in the fifteen inches he had available

TheJediBrah

This is less fun when we try and argue about who cheated worse. Can't we just all laugh at idiots like Matt Prior and Justin Langer who blatantly tried to pretend the batsman was bowled/hit wicket despite being surrounded by cameras?

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
#Professional...?

I don't even remember the phrase now, or whether Langer even came up with it.
(And searching just showed how imperceptive N&P regulars are.)

#ProfessionalCompetency? Was that it? Doesn't sound right. It wasn't 'attitude', I know that much

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

#Professional...?

#ProfessionalCompetency? Was that it? Doesn't sound right. It wasn't 'attitude', I know that much
I believe you're thinking of "elite honesty"

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
Sorry TJB, hb beat you.

Don't know why I cared so much, but it's always good to have such things stored away for deployment in a humorous context

Life lesson: you can get answers if you ask

OverratedSanity

Was it Langer who came up with elite honesty slogan?
#Professional...?

This is Australia's dressing room

Daemon

Even Australia recognises the importance of the immense pressure that Tendulkar was always under

Victor Ian

International Coach
I think cheating for catches is great. It's such a risky trade off. You either get your man and laugh about it ever after or you get caught and your name is besmirched forever and you officially become a lesser person who probably farts on trains.