• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Books

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Can't remember. I think it was among your own top 10 actually. Presumably AFFANF is a later edition and therefore the better bet?

archie mac

International Coach
Can't remember. I think it was among your own top 10 actually. Presumably AFFANF is a later edition and therefore the better bet?
I have them both, and I am pretty sure they just changed the name for the Aussie market and the dust jacket pic. Maybe the forward is different I can get them out and check if you like?

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I would expect the print run of AFFANF to have been tiny - 20 copies perhaps? better investment potential there

neville cardus

International Debutant
Autobiography wise I really enjoyed Mike Atherton's, he is a personal hero however.
I do wish that he would check his facts, though, prior to beaming them off to The Times. Although for the most part but minor faults, they're nettlesome as hell to the sedulous.

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
SJS, Archie, Neville Cardus what Bradman books have you blokes ever seen or heard of?
Oh there are so many Bradman books. I will tell you the one's I have

Code:
[B]AUTHOR/EDITOR                 TITLE[/B]
FINGLETON Jack  Brightly Fades the Don
BRADMAN DG	Farewell To Cricket
COWARD Mike	Sir Donald Bradman AC
GEDDES Margaret	Remembering Bradman
HUTCHINS, Brett	DON BRADMAN - Challenging the Myth
PERRY Roland	DON. The
WALLACE C	Private Don, The
Official	BRADMAN Albums Vol I, The 
Official	BRADMAN Albums Vol II, The 
PERRY Roland	Bradman's best ashes teams
PAGE Michael	BRADMAN - The Illustrated Biography
BRADMAN DG      The Art of Cricket

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Then from my list of books (that I have thought of buying at one point of time or the other.

1. Bradman : What They said of Him by Barry Morris
2. The Bradman Era - recalled by Bill O'Rielly by Jack Egan
3. Bradman by AG Moyes
4. Bradman by William Charles
5. Bradman's Best by Roland Perry
6. How To Play Cricket by Don Bradman
7. Bradman and the Bodyline by Docker
8. Don Bradman by Phillips Lindsay
9. Our Don Bradman - The Don At The S.C.G by Phillip Derriman
10.Our Don Bradman - Sixty Years of Writings About Sir Donald Bradman by Phillip Derriman
11. Don Bradman by Ashley Mallet
12. Bradman Diary 1991 by Kevin Weldon
13. Bradman A Tribute by Angus Fontaine
14. BRADMAN REVISITED The Legendary Sir Donald Bradman by Shillinglaw
15. Our Don Bradman: my story: the diary of Victor McDonald by Peter Allen
16. The A-Z of Bradman : Every Fact You Ever Wanted to Know about the Don and Many You Would Never Have Imagined by Alan Eason
17. Sir Donald Bradman. A Biography by Irving Rosenwater
18. My cricketing life by Don Bradman
19. Wisden on Bradman by Graeme Wright
20. The Bradman Years by Jack Pollard
21. Images of Bradman Rare and Famous Photographs of a Cricket Legend by Peter Allen
22. Don Bradman's Book by Don Bradman
23. Sir Donald Bradman, Australian Legend by Colin Fraser
24. Bradman 1927-1941; by ET Roberts
25. Bradman the Great by BJ Wakley
26. Bradman's First Tour - Unknown
27. Bradman The Man The Records by Graeme Atkinson
28. A Vision Splendid by Julian Oakley
29. On Tour with Bradman by Andy Flanagan
30. THE ART OF BRADMAN - THE BRADMAN MUSEUM - A Collection of Original Paintings and Drawings. by MULVANEY, RICHARD
31. Images of Bradman : rare and famous photographs of a cricket legend by James Kemsley
32. FAREWELL TO BRADMAN - A Final Tribute by Peter Allen​

I am sure there are more :)

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
damnnnnnnn thats alot yo. SJS sir i got one in my house somewhere which i want to read but don't want to unless you blokes recommed it, so when i find it i'll give you fellas a buzz...

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There is a 175 page book by Stephen Gibbs which is simply a bibliography of published work by or about Bradman - I'd be interested to know just how many entries there are but clearly it must run to several hundred - now they obviously aren't all full length books but still remarkable for one man to inspire so much literary output

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I dont think actual books about Bradman (not just a chapter on Bradman in a book) will run into hundreds. I have, for example, ommitted books like From Bradman to So-and-so (a history of Australian Cricket etc.

In Don Bradman - Challenging the Myth, Brett Hutchins lists fifty-five books brought out between 1930 (Don Bradman's Book by Don Bradman) and 2001 (Bradman's Best by Perry). There have been a few books since then but not dozens. Even hutchins list includes the type, I have left out. Or the book, The Hand that bowled Bradman which is really the autobiography of a first class cricketer who once bowled Bradman in some match and uses this for his title. Not eligible as a Bradman book according to me.

I think total genuine Bradman books should be around sixty to seventy. Not more.