• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Betting in the UK

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I've never been involved in sports betting, because it's an illegal activity in India.

However, now that I'm in the UK, I plan to take part in cricket betting. As a newbie, I have the below 2 questions.

1. Is any profit from cricket betting taxable according to the current tax laws?
2. What are the best websites for cricket betting in the UK?

If this is not the correct forum for this thread, can a moderator please move this thread to the correct place?

anil1405

International Captain
1. No it is not
2. williamhill.com, they take your bank details when you sign in with them and integrate your williamhill account to your bank account.

anil1405

International Captain
Not sure about other betting sites. When I signed in with williamhill and started using their services, i never felt like using other sites.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Ok, I'll check williamhill.

Do they cover test cricket extensively? Is the implied transaction cost relatively low?

anil1405

International Captain
They usually have about roughly 10 range of betting odds like how many runs will be scored in the upcoming over, how many runs will be scored by the batsmen at the crease, what would be the team total, when will the next wicket fall etc. And before the innings starts they will have odds for who would be the top scorer in the innings, top wicket taker etc. Its pretty much the same for tests and ODIs. All sites cover similar odds.

What do you mean by transaction cost? If you are talking about when you transfer the money from your bank account to the williamhill account then they dont charge you anything.

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Implied transaction cost is the spread between the options
= (1/Odd of option 1) + (1/Odd of option 2) + (and so on if there are more than 2 options..) - 1

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Check out the offers on various sites when you join. Some will offer you a matched bet when you place your first bet so if you place £20 on a bet you get a free £20 bet.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Registered with williamhill and put a 180 pound 9/2 bet in favor of India for the first test. :unsure: Cheers guys.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Registered with williamhill and put a 180 pound 9/2 bet in favor of India for the first test. :unsure: Cheers guys.
I think it's disgusting that you can just casually brag about throwing away money like that. £180 is a lot of money to some people.

Have some class.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Giving it 2 months before weldone loses all his assets and is sent back to India

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
That's the only thing you're good at Daemon - wishing ill to others. You'd acquire an empire by now if all your wishes came true, lol.

And Furball, don't show off your proficiency with google search (I know that requires tremendous class, but still). It's good to know that you agree more with Indian Government than UK Government, too.

dogwalker

U19 Captain
Maybe it's because I'm old and didn't grow up with the world-wide-waste-of-time or texting, but I've always seen a "lol" at the end of a sentence as a sign of insecurity. lol.