• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Congrats England

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The ghost of this fellow probably has a wry grin tonight. :happy:

Thanks to saggers, jondavluc & cokes for their congratulations, anyway. :)

What a sport, eh? Lose by an innings and 80 runs ten days ago, piss it today. **** me. :cool:
Yeah I was worried about the 10 day gap after the last test, would have loved it to have only been 2 days to hopefully carry on. England regrouped really well.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Feeling pretty devasted today. Not as bad as 05 though (or the recent home series loss against SA), but i'm assuming that's because we've lost a few recently.

irfan

State Captain
Well done poms, won the key moments when it mattered the most.

Still shocked that Australia dominated all the KPI's (most runs & wickets) and still find themselves losing

Craig

World Traveller
I do remember, but I was at school for many of the big moments then. Anyway my nerves have got frayed and all my optimism in my cricket team has been utterly eroded through bitter defeats, or the eighties(barring Australia) and nineties as they were commonly known. Does make me wonder what Pizzorno will be like when he gets to my age:laugh:

?

tooextracool

International Coach
Well done to England on a deserved victory. It does feel strange this time around as opposed to 2005 when I genuinely believed that we had a side that was capable of being the best team in the world, which was ruined by injuries, poor attitude, lack of focus and many many poor selections. I'd like to think that England can kick on from this victory this time having learned from their mistakes 4 years ago. There are players in this side like Broad, Onions and Trott (and perhaps Swann) who I hold out hope for as they could have a bright future and lead England to being better than a mid-card side at least.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Well done to England on a deserved victory. It does feel strange this time around as opposed to 2005 when I genuinely believed that we had a side that was capable of being the best team in the world, which was ruined by injuries, poor attitude, lack of focus and many many poor selections. I'd like to think that England can kick on from this victory this time having learned from their mistakes 4 years ago. There are players in this side like Broad, Onions and Trott (and perhaps Swann) who I hold out hope for as they could have a bright future and lead England to being better than a mid-card side at least.
Sounds about right. As does this piece, which is one of the writer's better efforts imo.

It was the allrounders wot won it | Opinion | Cricinfo Magazine | Cricinfo.com

Despite the joy, it's quite a strange victory. Whereas four years ago I thought 9 of the side would feature for years to come (the exceptions being Giles & Jones the Drop), this time only half the side are certainties four our next test, never mind the next Ashes. Interesting times, but huge plaudits to coach & captain. Glad to see there's no open-top parade this year. And probably no gongs, as the captain already has one. Let's hope Santa brings us a couple of batsmen for the SA series, as I don't know where else they're going to come from.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Well done England. Haven't been able to watch as much as I did in 05 and then in 06, but sounds like it was a great series.

Now England need to go to Pakistan and lose 2-0 to complete the cycl--oh.

tooextracool

International Coach
Well done England. Haven't been able to watch as much as I did in 05 and then in 06, but sounds like it was a great series.

Now England need to go to Pakistan and lose 2-0 to complete the cycl--oh.
Think a whitewash in South Africa will get their heads right back on this planet tbh.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yes, well done England and all that crap.

About as gracious as you'll get, sorry.