• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Congrats England

Golaxi

School Boy/Girl Captain
woooo

woooooooooooooooooo we winn! hope theres some celebrations like last time, not for the players though lol. cant believe its the same pitch that we bowled them out for 160. celeeebrations time cmon. the ashes are home! whens the next one down under? about time we had a good showing down there. hope we play with some pride this time!

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thanks Pasag:) Must admit when you made the thread I was still petrified. Yet I guess that's just my pessimistic madness.

Son Of Coco

Honestly, I don't care what you think about my personality, but you don't start a thread when a team is 327/5 congratulating another side for a series victory.

Next time Australia tour India, maybe I'll start a thread at the start of the series saying Well done India on retaining the Border Gavaskar trophy as well.
:laugh:

Yes, because that's exactly the same.

I don't think it'd have taken too much detective work to work out the game was still going when this thread started. Australia were never going to get 500-odd from that position.

I forfeited my right to argue with you about cricket 10 mins ago :happy:

Last edited:

Son Of Coco

Oh and congratulations England! I said this in the other thread, but will do so again here. They did a great job in this test, and thoroughly deserve to win the series. They were better than us in 3 out of 5 tests.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
The ghost of this fellow probably has a wry grin tonight. :happy:

Thanks to saggers, jondavluc & cokes for their congratulations, anyway. :)

What a sport, eh? Lose by an innings and 80 runs ten days ago, piss it today. **** me. :cool:

Pigeon

Banned
yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I missed most of the day's game since I had to catch a flight. Checked in my room only now and immediately switched on to see Strauss & Co. celebrating!! What a moment!!!!! Just jumped around the room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And came right here to post...

pup11

International Coach
Congrats England, deserved to win and outplayed us when it mattered, and also congrats to all the English fans around here, hope you guys start believing in your team a bit more from now on.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I still can't believe the England followers who were nervous at any stage of a 546 run chase. How you would have coped in 1981 I can't imagine, or if you are old enough to remember it I'm surprised you lived to tell the tale.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I still can't believe the England followers who were nervous at any stage of a 546 run chase. How you would have coped in 1981 I can't imagine, or if you are old enough to remember it I'm surprised you lived to tell the tale.
The reason I was nervous was because I knew that we really should win it. I was getting a bit jittery when Ponting and Hussey were going along nicely, but apart from that I was pretty sure of the win.

grecian

I do remember, but I was at school for many of the big moments then. Anyway my nerves have got frayed and all my optimism in my cricket team has been utterly eroded through bitter defeats, or the eighties(barring Australia) and nineties as they were commonly known. Does make me wonder what Pizzorno will be like when he gets to my age:laugh:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Congrats England, deserved to win and outplayed us when it mattered, and also congrats to all the English fans around here, hope you guys start believing in your team a bit more from now on.
Team's a long way from right, yet, IMHO. It was nice (gorgeous, in fact :cool:) to win, but really we've only papered over the cracks. For us to start kidding ourselves we have a great or even good side would be denial.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I should feel a lot more devasted but I don't for some reason.
I'm pretty devo but it's not the worst sporting moment of the season for me, that was definitely Roddick losing at Wimbledon. That was as hard to take as the Roosters losing consecutive GF's a few years back.

pasag

RTDAS
Richo losing the brownlow last season and Aus losing the CB series in 06/07 for me (dunno why that annoyed me so much, just an ODI series, was going through a rough time I think and that just came out of nowhere).