• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

commentary complaints thread

Shady Slim

International Coach
Listening to 7 yesterday there is a lot of dead-weight: Botham, Fleming, Mitchell, Hayden, Blewett, Brayshaw.

I have always loved Tim Lane since his ABC days. Such a good commentator. A bit wasted on tv though.
nah i can't agree with the first sentence. ali mitchell and haydos are both exemplary, and beefy's doing exactly what he's come here to be paid to do as well

burr

State Vice-Captain
I find Mitchell adds nothing, although 'Haydos' rattling on to 'Blue' last night and completely ignoring Mitchell (the third comm in the box) was doing my head in. Botham gets paid to do nothing, as far as I can tell, so I guess he is doing that, you're correct.

Shady Slim

International Coach
I find Mitchell adds nothing, although 'Haydos' rattling on to 'Blue' last night and completely ignoring Mitchell (the third comm in the box) was doing my head in. Botham gets paid to do nothing, as far as I can tell, so I guess he is doing that, you're correct.
mitchell's job isn't to add anything though per se, she's in there as the straight one in her box, same way that lane is - i think that she does a good job of that tbh. regarding hayden i've found this summer and last summer his analysis of how to bat and bowl on australian wickets is easily the most pointed and technical of any of the comms, really knows what he's talking about in that regard tbh.

botham's here just to talk **** and make the occasional pro-ingerlund comment to rile up gronks who remember the botham ashes in 83 and hes doing that i guess

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
C7's commentary ring ins did a good job, oughta keep half of them.
Admittedly I watched Fox for the majority of the day but who were the ring-ins? The only one I recall is Nicholson. The others looked to be the same as the previous Tests?

Spark

Global Moderator
Admittedly I watched Fox for the majority of the day but who were the ring-ins? The only one I recall is Nicholson. The others looked to be the same as the previous Tests?
Nicholson, Sthlaekar, Hodge, Ferguson, and they roped in Atherton as well

Quite something that Fox is purportedly the "official" official broadcaster for cricket in Australia and C7 can put up two commentary teams better than them

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And Dirty Dirk and Andy Maher. Athers a clear win over Botham. Any of the 'straight' commentators over Brayshaw. Hodge and Ferguson are clearly better than Hayden and I would take them over Katich as well, but that might be because I thought Katich would be better vs Hodge who oughta be insufferable but isn't.

Croadymeister

U19 Cricketer
Norcross & Ramprakash are just far too happy sounding considering the mess we are in. Mann is another who seems to completely ignore the issues as well