• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

commentary complaints thread

Spark

Global Moderator
because i'm already getting honestly a bit bored of every fifth post in the match thread being about the commentary. we get it, its ****, keep the complaints here thanks.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
because i'm already getting honestly a bit bored of every fifth post in the match thread being about the commentary. we get it, its ****, keep the complaints here thanks.
What match thread have you been reading? It's been quiet commentary complaints wise compared to some others.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Apart from the usual Warne nonsense, and loved his desperation to get a joke he thought of (about the deep point saving a 4 when Buttler cover drove Starc for 4 the ball before he nicked off) and trying 3 times to get it in. :laugh:

On another note, I think the socially distanced comm box maybe making it difficult for them to understand when one has to talk etc. Sitting closer together I suppose you could pick up some non verbal cues easier?

Gnske

Agreed, Spark often cuts off conversations in threads. So does RTB and Gob actually. It's quite hard to keep track as a viewer.

Gnske

That's because Australian commentary is superior to that poncy English trash.
"Oh yes I do um believe, cover drive. Yes, a cover drive. And I believe that could be two, no four. Yes a very opulent um shot"

Gnske

To whomstve are you quoting

This is exactly the type of trash we ought to cut out. Listen to Spark ffs.

Pothas

BT pundits making digs about the Australian coverage is kind of funny. They could have actually bothered to sent their own team of course.

Hurricane2

U19 Cricketer
In american sports they have moved away from ex players to ex major league coaches. And would like to see the same thing in Cricket. Ex players are athletes first and foremost and have no analytical capabilities. Listening to ex athletes/players dissect sports is poor. Ex coaches have fascinating views and are far more cerebral individuals. The average IQ of the ex players commentators would be 100 to 110 at most which is the average IQ for a human being. The average IQ for a coach would be 130 plus and would have far more interest in listening to their views. Any comment the ex players make is usually a huge captain obvious comment. That is my rant on commentators.