• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

commentary complaints thread

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And Dirty Dirk and Andy Maher. Athers a clear win over Botham. Any of the 'straight' commentators over Brayshaw. Hodge and Ferguson are clearly better than Hayden and I would take them over Katich as well, but that might be because I thought Katich would be better vs Hodge who oughta be insufferable but isn't.
Hodge had a few questionable comments about West Indian genetics in last year's BBL tho

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Happy to see all the Fleming dislike here - would probably be prepared to take a pay cut if it meant he could talk about himself and his own career. Can't stand him.

Despite that, prefer Ch 7's overall commentary to Fox. Fox Cricket's commentary is so smarmy and self-indulgent that I just try to have it on mute if I'm watching their feed. Such a disappointment of a channel overall.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Can't stand Fox's coverage so Ch 7 - while far from perfect - is the one for me.

But Fleming really is insufferable, especially as he seemed on 80% of yesterday's coverage. His ability to talk about himself (managed to get a reference in to his batting for Springvale South today) at every opportunity is really something.

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
A thing with Fleming is a lot of the time he seems to think he's being really insightful and explaining the finer points of the games when in fact he either banal or wrong.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So we've got Vaughan, Warne & Howard on one channel and Fleming & Botham on the other. What the ****? At least when one channel has an obnoxious combo there's a decent one on the other channel.

kiranbahra

Cricket Spectator
I always sync up the TMS commentary and its way better - I have been loving Steven Finn this series and also Carlos Brathwaite is hilarious too. For me TMS strikes the perfect balance between commentary, cricket analysis and just absolute random stuff

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
Also, although I don't have Fox, I have experience of Mark Howard from the 10 BBL days and latterly the match highlights. His function is quite clearly to fill the acoustic space left when the others aren't talking.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Most tv commentators aren't appointed because they are any good. They get the gigs cause they are part of that nations national team old boys club.
Summed it up perfectly. I am hoping in future there will be a dedicated live-streaming service that provides commentary for all cricket games.