• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Clash of the Titans* The Return!

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
well done dave, glad to see you in the team :D

the difference between the two teams? one has nothing to lose and the other has it all. :) well played fellaz :D

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
grrrrrrrrrrrrr life's a bitch being in the CW XI u have so much to lose yet nothing to really gain

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I think you can actually - this is the majority of the side that made the WC final - that suggests we're not that bad.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you aren't good, but I don't see many teams in the world going out of a 3-0 whitewash (with comprehensive victories) saying that they're still the better team. They'd have to have pretty good excuses. I'd be pretty put off if I were standing out in the 'A' side (which I'm not, but hypothetically :p) along with my comrades and then get told that we're still the lesser side.

I respect the 1st XI, however I also respect the 2nd XI equally. We're all players in the CW XI simulation league, and we all deserve credit (and reward) when it's due. If we're the better side on the day, great. If we have a better habit of being the better side than the 1st XI, at least one or two players should be promoted for doing a better job than their counterparts, surely?

Last edited:

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Loony BoB said:
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you aren't good, but I don't see many teams in the world going out of a 3-0 whitewash (with comprehensive victories) saying that they're still the better team. They'd have to have pretty good excuses. I'd be pretty put off if I were standing out in the 'A' side (which I'm not, but hypothetically :p) along with my comrades and then get told that you're still the lesser side.

I respect the 1st XI, however I also respect the 2nd XI equally. We're all players in the CW XI simulation league, and we all deserve credit (and reward) when it's due. If we're the better side on the day, great. If we have a better habit of being the better side than the 1st XI, at least one or two players should be promoted for doing a better job than their counterparts, surely?
For once I partially agree with you Daniel.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Loony BoB said:
I don't see many teams in the world going out of a 3-0 whitewash (with comprehensive victories) saying that they're still the better team.
When was game 3?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
It's not happened yet. It's a hypothetical - which I can't say I totally disagree with.

If we get mullered again, then you have to wonder.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Kyle mate, I need to talk to you on MSN regarding the last game, cheers.

Cant wait to watch the third game... :)

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nnanden said:
hahahaha soooorrry so much, i meant dave!! my bad.

but for the record it is nnanden_6 @ hotmail . com

I was wondering if Dave was more popular than me, this confirms it! :@

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket Web XI vs. Cricket Web 'A'
Game 3
at the CWBCC Stadium

[Berry] Welcome one, welcome all to the 3rd and final game of the Season 7/8 Clash of the Titans.
[Kwase] The first two games were full of action, but ultimately taken impressively by the lesser tipped 'A' team. Now the heat is on for the CW XI to avoid an embarrassing 3-0 whitewash.
[Berry] Yes Kwase, and they couldn't have come across a better pitch to do it on. The modern CWBCC stadium sports a pitch more suitable for batsmen than any other in CWLand. The best assistance for the bowlers will be in terms of spin. The best bowler in grey is legspinner Neil Pickup.
[Kwase] That may be the most interesting aspect of this game, Berry. Yes, the CW XI batting has struggled in the first two games, but they've been met with some brilliant slow bowling by Chris Law, claiming 8 wickets. I suggest he will be the key in this one too.
[Berry] It will be a test for the first XI batsmen to show their competence against spin and for the bowlers to source some penetration. The 'A' team players have nothing to lose, for they've already won. They'll be searching, however, for the pride of a rare and outstanding achievement of 3-0.
[Kwase] We'll head to the middle where Martin is ready for the toss.

[Martin] For this final game, the 'A' team captain will once again call.
[Dave] Heads please.
[Martin] Tails it is. Sorry mate. Brendon, what'll you be doing?
[Brendon] Pretty predictable really, we'll be bowling first. The batting hasn't really held up taking first strike in the first couple of games, so we'll turn over to our strength of chasing. This way there's less pressure on our young seam attack and the experienced batting will come into play.
[Martin] Any changes to the side that played the first two games?
[Brendon] Yeh, we've drafted in veteran offspinning allrounder, Reuben Verghese, and Richard Twyman. Camps and Malone sit it out.
[Martin] I understand this is possibly to be Twyman's final game for the XI?
[Brendon] Yeh, fingers crossed he'll go out with a bang. :)
[Martin] Dave?
[Dave] The pitch should spin, so Halsey's in for his first game. He joins Law in a dual spin attack, and Xavier Rose misses out unfortunately.
[Martin] Good luck to both of you and we hope for some good cricket. Back to you guys in the commentary box.

[Berry] Thanks Tuffers. Well we won't keep you folks waiting any longer. The in-form Walsh and Feeney are in the middle and we're ready to begin.

Attachments

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Disappointing to lose the game but it was great to win the series 2-1. I guess the tactic of playing two fulltime spinners failed a little, but CWXI were just to good on the day...Congrats to them.

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Not disheartened by that loss, 250 is still a reasonable total to post, purely outplayed by the superior CW XI batting, who timed their chase perfectly and breezed home.

Congrats to Dylan and Zaid on their 50's, and also congrats to Daniel Towns, who found some form down the order, after his 2 ducks batting top order. As for bowling Nathan Hoy produce the goods yet again, and without Rose and Nath in our attack we lacked some firepower. Still, I'm absolutely stoked about a 2-1 scoreline, and I thank the oppertunity the selection panal showed in me to lead the young 'A's to victory.

On a final note, it was a great send-off for Richard Twyman, with the XI taking a win, and him hitting a classy 58 for them, congrats.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
ahhhhh rather annoyed we couldnt win the final game... that would have been a fairytale. ah well.

well done rich on a grear career.