• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Clash of the Titans* The Return!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Thank God for that.

Shame I appear to have left my talent in Essex, that or I got all excited with the prospect of batting at nine...

Loony BoB

International Captain
AUST_HiTMaN said:
Not disheartened by that loss, 250 is still a reasonable total to post, purely outplayed by the superior CW XI batting, who timed their chase perfectly and breezed home.

Congrats to Dylan and Zaid on their 50's, and also congrats to Daniel Towns, who found some form down the order, after his 2 ducks batting top order. As for bowling Nathan Hoy produce the goods yet again, and without Rose and Nath in our attack we lacked some firepower. Still, I'm absolutely stoked about a 2-1 scoreline, and I thank the oppertunity the selection panal showed in me to lead the young 'A's to victory.

On a final note, it was a great send-off for Richard Twyman, with the XI taking a win, and him hitting a classy 58 for them, congrats.
Amen to this post. Would have given up my score for a third win for the team, though... either way, it's nice to see us do well this series and give the selectors a bit to think about. :)

...I seem to have a habit of getting out to the Green bowlers ever since Season 7 ended. They've obviously spent far too much time with me in the nets. :p

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Disappointed to lose and miss out but congrats to the CWXI for saving themselves from complete embarassment.

PY

International Coach
CW XI blatantly missed my calming influence opening the batting in the OD games. ;)

Or not. :p

On that note, have I been axed? Noticed I have a contract still but haven't played a Test in months. Haven't been able to keep up with all the goings on. :(

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
PY said:
CW XI blatantly missed my calming influence opening the batting in the OD games. ;)

Or not. :p

On that note, have I been axed? Noticed I have a contract still but haven't played a Test in months. Haven't been able to keep up with all the goings on. :(
Read the paper. There haven't been a Test for months, despite players having cried out for it.