• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Chris Rogers

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I hope he fills his boots in Adelaide. Makes a massive ton. And I hope he takes two days to do it

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Still not impressed with him tbh, struggles outside his off stump. Hope he proves me wrong but not Test standard despite his fine FC average
This in reference to Hughes or Rogers?

Don't think Rogers will do as well as what he did in England, but hopefully he can get another hundred at some stage during the season.

Spark

Global Moderator
I don't really care that much how many runs he makes on his own tbh. So long as we put together a reasonable number of 50-100 opening partnerships or more, then he'll have done his job.

archie mac

International Coach
This in reference to Hughes or Rogers?

Don't think Rogers will do as well as what he did in England, but hopefully he can get another hundred at some stage during the season.
Rogers but applies to both. Seems like a nice fellow does Rogers but not convinced on his ability

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
I don't really care that much how many runs he makes on his own tbh. So long as we put together a reasonable number of 50-100 opening partnerships or more, then he'll have done his job.
Agreed wholeheartedly.

If Rogers and Warner can consistently put on 100 runs and see off the new ball, even if Rogers only scores 20 of them and then gets out, I will be happy with that. If he can press on then even better.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, a bit like when Rogers managed to get through to stumps with Warner on the second evening at the gabba, not sure someone like Hughes would be able to come in and do something like that. Given Australian pitches tend to be more new ball wickets it's really important to have someone in the side who can get through the new ball, Rogers is still the man IMO

wiff

First Class Debutant
One of the more underrated legbreak googly bowlers in the Australian cricket team.

mullarkey

School Boy/Girl Captain
Rodgers is a stop gap I think everyone knows that. He does much that is good but he doesn't inspire confidence because he is prone to getting out to some really awful shots/strokes. Apparently he was the only Australia player to applaud Broad when he reached his 50 after 'walkgate'. Perhaps a force for good given the current tensions?

Riggins

International Captain
One more shield score and we should be able to replace Rogers with Arun Finch. So that'll be good.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Please don't drop Rogers. Yet. I feel like he's made us a much better team. Stability etc.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Rogers was always a short term fix but how short term will depend on him scoring runs and how the SS openers go. If he has a bad run and someone is gunning it in the SS then his spot should be in trouble. What's harder to deal with is if he is averaging mid 30s and no SS openers are putting up scores. Mid 30s shouldn't be enough but with a lack of competition it may be enough if the team is getting results.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Rogers was always a short term fix but how short term will depend on him scoring runs and how the SS openers go. If he has a bad run and someone is gunning it in the SS then his spot should be in trouble. What's harder to deal with is if he is averaging mid 30s and no SS openers are putting up scores. Mid 30s shouldn't be enough but with a lack of competition it may be enough if the team is getting results.
Hughes will pretty much always be putting up scores opening/at 3. Maddinson looks good enough if he'd shelve the 'throw my wicket away after making a ridiculously easy 70' shots, and Silk is developing nicely for the future. Looks like Queensland might be converting Burns to an opener as well.

Also Ed Cowan still exists.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Which is unfortunate, tbh, in that it prevents any chance of a Mailman comeback.