• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Championless Trophy? - stop the bs and go

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Isn't it dark by about 4 pm in October in England? :p
6PM or so TBH, by the end (just before the clocks go back). Early darkness, though, is the least of the problems - coldness and dampness are the bigger ones.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Early darkness aside it is usually pretty grim anyway, bad light would be a constant issue I reckon

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Surely if England are willing to tour Pakistan, and lets face it we're surely the biggest target of any team given the current international climate, then i really cant see why the other 'Western' teams cant also tour.

Last edited:

unccricket

School Boy/Girl Captain
they just need to go and play. there's a risk of danger anywhere you go, and that's like saying india, australia, whoever, refuse to tour england b/c of the terrorist attack in london a few years back. be consistent with your decisions, why does it always seem like the "western" countries are looking for an excuse not to play in the subcontinent? i guess players just can't acclimatize to the cusine and pollution and look for a convenient way out...

Fusion

Global Moderator
I'm really too frustrated to say much on the issue. I'll just echo those that say the tournament should be staged in Pakistan. Those that want to come play, great! Those that don't, well I'd rather not say what I truly feel about them.

MrHat

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
How come many Asian people criticising the Aussies live in America. Hypocrits. If your going to criticise Aussies for not wanting to go to Pakistan you're arguement is not helped by the fact that you or your parents travelled across the world to get away from Pakistan

Last edited:

Fusion

Global Moderator
How come many Asian people criticising the Aussies live in America. Hypocrits. If your going to criticise Aussies for not wanting to go to Pakistan you're arguement is not helped by the fact that you or your parents travelled across the world to get away from Pakistan
That is probably the most idiotic comment I have ever read on Cricket Web - and that's saying something.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Wow. Seriously something has to be done about this poster, been making comments like this from the moment he arrived.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Surely if England are willing to tour Pakistan, and lets face it we're surely the biggest target of any team given the current international climate, then i really cant see why the other 'Western' teams cant also tour.
India are probably the biggest target in Pakistan, considering the history and Kashmir. But after that, it would be the English, no doubt. Both India and England have been very good about touring Pakistan though. Personally, it astonishes me how Pakistan put up with it, they should refuse to tour the countries that pretty much have said they won't tour Pakistan (through actions if not words). Especially as there are other countries who go to Pakistan just fine.

Last edited:

funnygirl

State Regular
U mean people live/work abroad because of the security reasons at their home country8-)

unccricket

School Boy/Girl Captain
this is the dumbest thing i think i have seen. just because asians move from their native countries does not in any way mean that we won't go back to visit our families/ sightsee in that country.

there was a bombing at a train station in my family's town (suburb of mumbai) a few years ago, and that has no bearing on whether or not I go back to india. as a matter of fact, i will probably be going to india this winter, and will probably end up going to jaipur again to sightsee

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
India are probably the biggest target in Pakistan, considering the history and Kashmir. But after that, it would be the English, no doubt. Both India and England have been very good about touring Pakistan though. Personally, it astonishes me how Pakistan put up with it, they should refuse to tour the countries that pretty much have said they won't tour Pakistan (through actions if not words). Especially as there are other countries who go to Pakistan just fine.
Wouldnt solve anything

Firstly, Pakistan needs the money that comes from touring a country like Australia and secondly there's evidence the game's population is waning in Pak as well. Limit games to the usual suspects and even more people would turn off