• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Championless Trophy? - stop the bs and go

pasag

RTDAS
How do these links prove that Clarke was offered by some IPL team?
He ruled out playing for the IPL and going into the player auction as shown in the links above, that's pretty obvious.

Are you seriously saying Clarke would not have gotten picked for a club had he declared his availability? Absurd suggestion.

He ruled out playing for the IPL and going into the player auction as shown in the links above, that's pretty obvious.

Are you seriously saying Clarke would not have gotten picked for a club had he declared his availability? Absurd suggestion.
It could be your assumption. Ricky Ponting is the best Batsman Australia have ever produced. He was among the mediocres as far as bid was concerned. If Ponting was among the mediocres then how can you say that there was any chance for Clarke to be picked up by any side? Merely assumptions. Nobody can stop you from that. Keep on doing so and be happy.

pasag

RTDAS
It could be your assumption. Ricky Ponting is the best Batsman Australia have ever produced. He was among the mediocres as far as bid was concerned. If Ponting was among the mediocres then how can you say that there was any chance for Clarke to be picked up by any side? Merely assumptions. Nobody can stop you from that. Keep on doing so and be happy.
Look at the link, every single Australian player in the auction got picked up by a club, to say that one of Australia's best limited overs batsman of the past few years would not have got picked is foolish to say the least.

That's besides the point though. You said:

'Clarke were not even considered for IPL. He can be considered if they ever thought to conduct 50-50 IPL. Moreover immature players like Haddin were never under consideration for IPL.'

...which is rubbish, they decided not to be apart of it for personal reasons NOT that they put their hands up to play and despite that were not considered.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
By that logic, Andy Symonds is better than Bradman because he got offered a lot more than Ponting.

Clarke signed a long-form agreement with the BCCI and would have gotten a contract. Seriously, it's silly to assume otherwise.

FRAZ

International Captain
A test pitch was dug out once in India and people were threatening the Pakistani team but Pakistan's team still visited those places in India and nothing serious happened . Those AlQaeda guys have one quality that they warn that we will attack this and that and then they eventualy do that . They have warned the attacks against governement officials and that's what they are doing .
Flying is still a big issue and a problem but now due to good scanning and checking , nothing serious has happened in the recent times and people are more calmer than before while flying . Getting into the stadium with suicide belts isn't possible at all .

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Action speaks louder than the words. I don't feel any need to argue with a typical biased person. :laugh:

Oh yes one more thing, Ponting was not happy for having good bid for IPL and players like Clarke were not even considered for IPL. He can be considered if they ever thought to conduct 50-50 IPL. Moreover immature players like Haddin were never under consideration for IPL.
I so hoped you'd reply along those lines.

Read it and weep champ.

http://www.cricketweb.net/blog/features/11.php

Plainly biased, I know. Sorry, couldn't help it.

And FTR where did I mention Ponting? You're right, Clarke wasn't considered for IPL - because he withdrew from the auction - he said there were other things more important to him, like his family. Given his family are also Australian, no doubt they also have no standards and are only mercenary. Likewise Johnson and Haddin declined to be considered for the auction. And if you think Haddin wouldn't have been consdiered for the IPL auction given his domestic OD record here, you're sadly mistaken. Johnson would also have got good cash had he entered the auction, as an established international limited overs cricketer.

Last edited:

Matt79

Global Moderator
Not saying that's how I feel, but it is the reality - in addition to being secure in the team on form, he's immensely popular.
He is? Outside Australia? Not doubting you, but it would surprise me.
Well, I was talking in terms of within Australia, which is what is relevant to his status and security within the Australian team. The fact that fans and possibly players from other countries dislike him has absolutely no impact on the security of his position in the team, whereas his popularity in Australia probably does help him feel confident that his spot is secure, so the question as to whether he's popular outside Australia is a bit irrelevant to the point I was making.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Mate Ponting is clearly one of the top batsman in the world in every format of the game. The reason his bid was so low was due to the fact it was known he was going to be elsewhere for much of the tournament. I mean look at Dave Hussey, a guy who can barely even touch the Aussie team and he fetched himself a hefty price because he was available. If you gave the IPL confirmation that they would play more than 3 or so games then I'm sure Ponting would fetch a very large sum indeed.

WhatisRight

School Boy/Girl Captain
Symonds unsure over safety in Pakistan

Andrew Symonds, the Australian allrounder, is not yet convinced about players' safety in Pakistan, the venue of the Champions Trophy in September. Symonds had expressed reservations ahead of Australia's scheduled tour to Pakistan earlier this year, which was postponed.

Although Pakistan recently hosted the Asia Cup concerns have grown following attacks in Islamabad, the capital, and in the port city of Karachi the last week.

"My feelings haven't changed a great deal," Symonds said on his arrival from the West Indies. "I don't mind the odd game of cricket for Australia, but it is only a game at the end of the day, and putting yourself in a position where you're not safe, to me is ridiculous."

________________ _ _ _ _ __________________________________________________

I cant beleive him. If your provided with such an enormous security and still you dont feel safe is beyond me. He is soo scared, he looks fearless on the field but look at him now. I know alot of people here will say its his personal opinion but still if he thinks he is more likely to die in pakistan then say a car accident then hes seriously dumb.

Athlai

Not Terrible
The inner workings of Symonds mind... "in Islamabad."

Symonds: Islamabad?

Islam a bad. Islam is bad.

Bad equals danger. Therefore danger is Islam!!!

:-O Really wonder how he came to this security conclusion after maximum care was taken otherwise.

Matt79

Global Moderator
A test pitch was dug out once in India and people were threatening the Pakistani team but Pakistan's team still visited those places in India and nothing serious happened . Those AlQaeda guys have one quality that they warn that we will attack this and that and then they eventualy do that . They have warned the attacks against governement officials and that's what they are doing .
Flying is still a big issue and a problem but now due to good scanning and checking , nothing serious has happened in the recent times and people are more calmer than before while flying . Getting into the stadium with suicide belts isn't possible at all .
Ah, that explains why there wasn't a suicide attack on the anniversary of the Red Mosque crack-down.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Andrew Symonds, the Australian allrounder, is not yet convinced about players' safety in Pakistan, the venue of the Champions Trophy in September. Symonds had expressed reservations ahead of Australia's scheduled tour to Pakistan earlier this year, which was postponed.

Although Pakistan recently hosted the Asia Cup concerns have grown following attacks in Islamabad, the capital, and in the port city of Karachi the last week.

"My feelings haven't changed a great deal," Symonds said on his arrival from the West Indies. "I don't mind the odd game of cricket for Australia, but it is only a game at the end of the day, and putting yourself in a position where you're not safe, to me is ridiculous."

________________ _ _ _ _ __________________________________________________

I cant beleive him. If your provided with such an enormous security and still you dont feel safe is beyond me. He is soo scared, he looks fearless on the field but look at him now. I know alot of people here will say its his personal opinion but still if he thinks he is more likely to die in pakistan then say a car accident then hes seriously dumb.
The inner workings of Symonds mind... "in Islamabad."

Symonds: Islamabad?

Islam a bad. Islam is bad.

Bad equals danger. Therefore danger is Islam!!!

:-O Really wonder how he came to this security conclusion after maximum care was taken otherwise.
Hate to repeat myself, but maybe he read this:
http://www.smarttraveller.gov.au/zw-cgi/view/Advice/Pakistan."]http://www.smarttraveller.gov.au/zw-cgi/view/Advice/Pakistan.[/URL]

WhatisRight

School Boy/Girl Captain
The problem is if one country e.g. australia shows alot of concern about touring pakistan then i can gurantee that some other teams will have a rethink about the venue. If maximum security is provided then its not really a risk. Thats why i am really frustrated by australia, although they have their own concern but its making other teams like england, NZ and SA concerned aswell.