• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Catch of the World Cup

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Leverock and Flintoff both pulled off good slip catches, and the Irish chap had a good one as well. Would go for Collingwood's though.

stumpski

International Captain
Maybe not many saw it, but Hurdle of Bermuda took a great one on the boundary vs Bangladesh. Sprinting, diving effort.

Perm

Bond's caught and bowled against Australia in the Chappel Hadlee was better...
Quite true actually, I'd forgotten about that catch. Just shows how easily some great bits of fielding are forgotten. Or how short my memory span is.

Perm

Yeah you would think that...
Did you even see it? It was the equal best caught and bowled I have ever seen, along with Dwayne Bravo getting Shane Warne in 2005 Australia vs West Indies series.

GGG

State Captain
Lol it was nothing like Bonds, Collingwoods was brilliant athleticism from a stationary fielder, Bonds was freakish reflexes from a fast bowlers follow through. Both brilliant catches in there own way and I wouldn't say ones better than the other. But I have a feeling if Bond jumped 10 feet in the air did a back flip and caught it between his feet it still wouldn't have been better than Collingwoods eh Simmy.

Last edited: