• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Catch of the World Cup

Majin

International Debutant
Missed Collingwood's catch on the highlights. D'oh.
It pretty much was a carbon copy of his Hayden catch from the 05 Ashes OD series. :)

As far as non WC catchs go, the Strauss diving catch from the Ashes is also one of my favourites.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah you would think that...
Don't see why you say that, Blaze is one of the least biased posters on CW. Almost to the point of favouring other teams and players ahead of NZ (in my extremely NZ-biased eyes).

pasag

RTDAS
Don't see why you say that, Blaze is one of the least biased posters on CW. Almost to the point of favouring other teams and players ahead of NZ (in my extremely NZ-biased eyes).
Yeah, fair call.

Collingwood > Bond's from a completely neutral perspective though.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, fair call.

Collingwood > Bond's from a completely neutral perspective though.
Two completely different pieces of fielding for me. It's hard to judge a caught and bowled against an infield catch, just like it's hard to judge an outfield catch against a slips catch. Like I said earlier, Bond's c&b was the the equal best one I have ever seen while Collingwood's catch was one of the greatest infield catches I have seen. If I had to pick, I'd pick Bond.

Fiery

Banned
Bond's was a bit flukey I thought, he just thrust his hand down and it stuck. Having said that, he showed great flexibility and reflex's to be able to get his hand down to it in time.

_Ed_

Bond's was a bit flukey I thought, he just thrust his hand down and it stuck. Having said that, he showed great flexibility and reflex's to be able to get his hand down to it in time.
Especially since his momentum was carrying him in the opposite direction. Amazing for a pace bowler to dive to the right when they're following through to the left.

But Collingwood's catch was a beauty. However, Leverock's is probably my favourite for this tournament.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Best Wicket keeper's catch has to be Sangakkara's off Eoin Morgan (Ireland) or equally the one off Ross Taylor , IIRC .

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Best Wicket keeper's catch has to be Sangakkara's off Eoin Morgan (Ireland) or equally the one off Ross Taylor , IIRC .
McCullum and Sangakarra have both taken rippers, I think Gilchrist might have snaffled a couple good'uns to.

_Ed_

McCullum's best was off Sarwan, an inside edge that he had to change direction to dive to catch. Amazing catch, one of the best of his career.