• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can Ashwin beat Murali's 800?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Happy with picking him in the SC on wickets that do the work for him, but please, no more of him overseas. I felt physically sick when watching him bowl his stupid little variations again and again.

Fair to say he's not the worlds best spinner either, those people who were proudly declaring so should give themselves an uppercut.

trundler

Ashwin loses a lot of points for not feasting on piss weak English batting. Both Warne and Murali throughly owned England and averaged pretty good there. Ashwin is useless outside SC. Even by finger spin standards, he shows crap adaptability.

trundler

I mean, he should at least be somewhat useful in any country outside SC. One spell of note this series.

OverratedSanity

I mean, he should at least be somewhat useful in any country outside SC. One spell of note this series.
Tbf, I didn't actually expect he'd even do that. One excellent spell on a pitch that wasn't even that helpful.

Then he ****s the bed here when it was there for him to win the game for the team. Had the chance in SA as well. Utter failure both times.

flibbertyjibber

This downhill skier will never get near Murali unless he plays another 50 tests at home in a row without playing away so he isn't dropped.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Lol, so much hate to a bowler who averages 32.5 in England - which is still better than Anderson's average in India

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Lol, so much hate to a bowler who averages 32.5 in England - which is still better than Anderson's average in India
Not sure of the relevance but it must be pointed out that Anderson has more series wins in India then Ashwin in England and that Anderson played a critical role in that series win.