• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Breaking News**

Deja moo

International Captain
Greg Chapell is India's new coach.

The board has also decided to discus the issue of a bowling coach.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Don't think it really mattered who they pick. All the candidates had a bit of class. Hopefully they're allowed to run the ship as they see fit, and are allowed to attempt to maximise the potential of the Indian side without interference.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Only England, RSA, NZ and Pakistan (I think) haven't had an Australian coach now. :wacko:

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think Greg Chappell would make a wonderful bowling coach, and I'm sure all my New Zealand friends on here agree! :p

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Son Of Coco said:
I think Greg Chappell would make a wonderful bowling coach, and I'm sure all my New Zealand friends on here agree! :p
You've been watching Crackerjack too many times if you think Chappell would make a good bowling coach... :p

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Voltman said:
You've been watching Crackerjack too many times if you think Chappell would make a good bowling coach... :p
haha, well he'd make a better bowling coach than that is a movie! :D

masterblaster

International Captain
Good choice for India. Chapple comes across as a no nonsense, perfectionist who demands excellence every time. That's what Indian Cricket needs....discipline, consistency and no nonsense.

I hope he puts a ruthless 'Australian' attitude in our cricket, and hopefully, if a player isn't performing, he isn't afraid to throw them out! (Ganguly and Yuvraj, I'm talking to you both!)

Good choice by the BCCI, I would've been appauled if Mohinder Amarnath got the job.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
The best choice from those that were short listed by a long way.

He has the stature to be able to stand up to the "super stars". I always felt Wright lacked that.

I hope they DO NOT enlist a dumbo like Srinath to assist in the capacity of bowling coach. India can still afford someone like Akram

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
SJS said:
dumbo like Srinath
Personally, I've always associated "dumbo" with Adam Gilchrist and Agit Agarkar.

Wait, I think I might have just named India's best option for a bowling coach...

masterblaster

International Captain
vic_orthdox said:
Personally, I've always associated "dumbo" with Adam Gilchrist and Agit Agarkar.

Wait, I think I might have just named India's best option for a bowling coach...
Adam Gilchrist?

:dry:

archie mac

International Coach
I am a big fan of GSC, he didn't have a great time as coach of Sth Aust. hope he has better luck with the Indian side.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
I hope they DO NOT enlist a dumbo like Srinath to assist in the capacity of bowling coach. India can still afford someone like Akram
Some ex west indies bowler could do.. the Indians could do with some killer aggression

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
indeed, DK gets over there to their acadamy, but i dont think he wants to coach the national team bowlers.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Great Choice !! He looked moe focussed and committed than rest of the contenders. That was the wasy part though, he has one of the toughest jobs in hand and there will be lot of expectations from him.