• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

BREAKING NEWS:::: SHOIAB and ASIF ban Lifted!!!!!!

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
a10khan said:
Most of the posts on this thread are just emotional rhetoric. Now I dunno why that is so. Either because two PAKISTANI players have been acquitted or maybe because Pakistan is again a contender to win the World Cup.
Who gives a toss about ODI?

a10khan said:
Both of them were not given any education whatsoever on this issue by the PCB or ICC. The steriod is readily found in diet supplements and protein powder. Generally, it is masked with some other name. So how it be known whether the drug was taken knowingly or not? ATP cleared seven of its players after it failed to establish whether the use of nandrolone was on purpose or no. Forgot what happened to Rusedski?
Irrelevant if they knew it or not. They took it, so ban them.

a10khan said:
Point is there is considerable doubt in that statement as there is in Asif n Shoaib's case. They deserve to be acquitted.
Don't care what the other circumstances were. They took steroids, and it doesn't matter to me how, or why. They tested positive, so they need to be banned for one year minimum, two years preferable.

a10khan

School Boy/Girl Captain
silentstriker said:
Who gives a toss about ODI?

Irrelevant if they knew it or not. They took it, so ban them.

Don't care what the other circumstances were. They took steroids, and it doesn't matter to me how, or why. They tested positive, so they need to be banned for one year minimum, two years preferable.
Relax cowboy..

Not sure how I shd reply to your post. Its a blank post with no real arguments. Btw you cant ban someone for taking contaminated multi-vitamins or eating a beef burger where the beef came off a juiced cow.

a10khan

School Boy/Girl Captain
Nandrolone is a controversial drug and its hard to establish how it was taken. So to ban someone in that case is ridiculous esp when no awareness has been created about the drug.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
a10khan said:
Relax cowboy..

Not sure how I shd reply to your post. Its a blank post with no real arguments. Btw you cant ban someone for taking contaminated multi-vitamins or eating a beef burger where the beef came off a juiced cow.
They cheated = they should be banned. That is the extent of my arguments, and I don't think any further justification is required.

And eating beef off a juiced cow? Is that what you're claiming happened in this case? And yes, if they took multi vitamins that were contaminated -- too bad for them, and they should be banned anyway. Because there is no way to prove that it was the ONLY time they took it, and also they still received a benefit from taking the drugs. Therefore, :bann:.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
a10khan said:
Nandrolone is a controversial drug and its hard to establish how it was taken. So to ban someone in that case is ridiculous esp when no awareness has been created about the drug.
Except ignorance is not a valid excuse, and never has been in the past.

maxpower

U19 Cricketer
Athletes take nandrolone because it works, and almost every time they are caught often its the "tainted protein" defense. Because it very hard to prove where exactly nandrolone came from, the sorry excuse of "tainted protein" works most effectively. The fact remains the both players had illegal substance in them while they played and they cheated the game, you can argue what kinda of advantage it has or not, but can't argue about cheating the game. In Shoaib and Asif's case they pleaded ignorance, and if they are let off on that then ppfffffffffffffffffffff. I don't know if ICC has made any rulings on this issue or not, but I don't know how PCB can expect respect outta ppl with they way they acted, specially after the fan support they had after the whole Inzi/ Hair debacle.

Dravid

International Captain
Another bias member stating bias reasons to why Shoaib and Asif shouldn't have been banned.

Since steroids don't enhance your cricket ablities,I don't have any problem with the decision of lifting Shoaib & Asif's ban.They should also be considered innocent because they didn't take Nandrolone intentionally.

maxpower

U19 Cricketer
Saurav Ganguly said:
Since steroids don't enhance your cricket ablities,I don't have any problem with the decision of lifting Shoaib & Asif's ban.They should also be considered innocent because they didn't take Nandrolone intentionally.
then why are they banned ? and how do you know for sure they are not conning to get out of punishment by playing innocent, which btw is not a defence in real courts.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Saurav Ganguly said:
Haha, -1. They do enhance cricketing abilities, unless you don't think stamina or strength helps a bowler. :laugh:

And I think they knew, but even if they didn't, its irrelevant and should be banned.

gunner

U19 Cricketer
bottom line is

it dosnt matter what you all think and noone simply cares

fact is they are both not banned anymore,

find something else to stick your nose into cos this whole episode is over

infact it was over the minute their bans were lifted

gunner

U19 Cricketer
all i wanna see is england kick aussies ass

shoaib and asif dont interest me and i dont think they interst anyone else at the moment

move on please for crickets sake

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
gunner said:
all i wanna see is england kick aussies ass

shoaib and asif dont interest me and i dont think they interst anyone else at the moment

move on please for crickets sake
I'm pretty sure the over turning of their bans will concern South Africans come January.

Dravid

International Captain
With an attitude like that, why would anyone discuss anything? It's like saying, okay Martyn retires, good or bad what ever no point in talking about it, it's over. Azar fixes a match whatever no point in talking about it, no one cares what we think and nothing can be done.

Really stupid comment really to say it's over they aren't bad anymore and no point in talking about it.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
silentstriker said:
They cheated = they should be banned. That is the extent of my arguments, and I don't think any further justification is required.

And eating beef off a juiced cow? Is that what you're claiming happened in this case? And yes, if they took multi vitamins that were contaminated -- too bad for them, and they should be banned anyway. Because there is no way to prove that it was the ONLY time they took it, and also they still received a benefit from taking the drugs. Therefore, :bann:.
ha, you really are rough yo. If you were an sportsman and drugs were found in your system and you know to yourself that you didn't take it willingly, wouldn't you want blokes to believe you?.

I reckon you want them to be banned because you don't want to see them run through India in the future...

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
aussie said:
ha, you really are rough yo. If you were an sportsman and drugs were found in your system and you know to yourself that you didn't take it willingly, wouldn't you want blokes to believe you?.
Lets say I believe them. Whether you took it willingly or not, you benefitted from them, and it was unfair. Therefore, :bann:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
aussie said:

I reckon you want them to be banned because you don't want to see them run through India in the future...
Trouble is, the tests were ordered because rumours were circulating that a certain player within the team was using steroids and possibly recreational drugs as well.

These guys got off on a dubious technicality and deserve no sympathy whatsoever.