• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Boxing thread

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don’t know what to think about Benavidez

Huge at SMW, very talented but Lemieux is finished

Also watched replay of Ibeabuchi Tua

Ike was a monster who would have destroyed Joshua and Wilder

Literally walked through Tua’s best shots and hit him with 5 in return

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Don’t know what to think about Benavidez

Huge at SMW, very talented but Lemieux is finished

Also watched replay of Ibeabuchi Tua

Ike was a monster who would have destroyed Joshua and Wilder

Literally walked through Tua’s best shots and hit him with 5 in return
Yeah i don't know what to make of Benevidez either. Sometimes he looks really open defensively.

Ike was a beast but was 100% juiced out of his mind

Niall

International Coach
What sort of biz will Kambosos v Haney do in Australia?

I am hearing will struggle to pack out the stadium , sadly Haney for all his talent is not a draw outside his own house and boxing is niche in Australia?

GGG is going to get hurt in September sadly.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What sort of biz will Kambosos v Haney do in Australia?

I am hearing will struggle to pack out the stadium , sadly Haney for all his talent is not a draw outside his own house and boxing is niche in Australia?

GGG is going to get hurt in September sadly.
Relatively few Australians had heard of Kambosos before his last fight

Boxing is a niche sport here + he fought mainly overseas

I am sure that they will get a big crowd but the hype would be much greater for Tim Tszyu because the casuals know his name

Niall

International Coach
The Tank KO was a stunner, please stick him in a ring with genuine gun fighters because banger fights are likely then.

Spike O Sullivan should retire, how many beatings can he take,,,waste of Lara's time that fight sadly.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
This is a crazy analysis

Joshua is bigger but Usyk is not a small guy and he’s way more skilled

https://fightaverse.com/boxing-news...e-physical-advantages-to-get-revenge-on-usyk/

It’s heavyweights so one punch can change a fight but I am backing Usyk
Right.

It's not simply a case of bumrushing the guy. If he tries that, Usyk will just time him and knock him dafuq out. I actually thought AJ fought extremely well and with a very good game plan in the first fight. He tried to take center ring and use straight punches. He wasn't trying to box with Usyk, he was trying to time Usyk on the way in. It's just that Usyk's head movement and footwork is something that no one has seen since prime Tyson (obviously very different fighters but still).

Joshua will need to use lots of Wlad style clinching and leaning on Usyk to tire him out, but if you look in the first fight Usyk actually threw AJ off him when he tried that. Usyk is deceptively strong.

thierry henry

International Coach
Right.

It's not simply a case of bumrushing the guy. If he tries that, Usyk will just time him and knock him dafuq out. I actually thought AJ fought extremely well and with a very good game plan in the first fight. He tried to take center ring and use straight punches. He wasn't trying to box with Usyk, he was trying to time Usyk on the way in. It's just that Usyk's head movement and footwork is something that no one has seen since prime Tyson (obviously very different fighters but still).

Joshua will need to use lots of Wlad style clinching and leaning on Usyk to tire him out, but if you look in the first fight Usyk actually threw AJ off him when he tried that. Usyk is deceptively strong.
100%. AJ looked as sharp and disciplined as I've ever seen him in that Usyk fight and actually looked pretty decent up against a master boxer. The narrative around what happened in that fight is ridiculous.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Respect to both guys for making the fight.
- Kambosos could have easily taken an easy fight in his homecoming
- Haney could have easily ducked the fight given that it was all on Kambosos' terms, including the rematch clause.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Kambosis so one dimensional. Getting slapped around like a red headed step child.
Think this was a bad style for him. Kambosos has done things the hard way and definitely deserved to be champion. He's good, and there are plenty of other good fights out there for him. Teofimo rematch would be good, Lomachenko when he returns, Ryan Garcia, Tank Davis etc etc. It's a hot division and he's a proven top 10 guy.

I would like to see Haney vs Teofimo.