• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Boxing thread

Grasshopper

State Vice-Captain
Apparently there's speculation that Ruiz was somehow 15lb heavier at the weigh-in than he was beforehand. A Ruiz ruse?

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Apparently there's speculation that Ruiz was somehow 15lb heavier at the weigh-in than he was beforehand. A Ruiz ruse?
He came in about 20 lbs heavier than he was last time.

If that points to lack of training then that's very disappointing. It could just be a tactic but...that's a lot of weight to be carrying.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Can't stand the commentators blowing AJ this whole fight. horrendous. Completely ignoring Ruiz' body work.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
what the **** is this **** from the referee. Ruiz lands a big shot and then the ref stops to talk to them about something. **** sake

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
By the way I on a stream with American comms who want Ruiz to win but they are admiring Joshua so far bar that last round that Ruiz won comfortably.

keep jabbing and Joshua wins easily.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Ruiz' right hands to the body in that round were what opened AJ up. He needs to do the same this round rather than head hunting

Grasshopper

State Vice-Captain
Having said that, I think Wilder will beat him when/if they eventually meet. I reckon Tyson Fury would cause him serious problems as well.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Having said that, I think Wilder will beat him when/if they eventually meet. I reckon Tyson Fury would cause him serious problems as well.
there's gonna be some insaaaaane money in those fights.

If I were him I'd forget about the mandatories and just try to fight Wilder and/or Fury. Only big fights from here. If the sanctioning bodies strip you, so be it. I doubt they would though.

Grasshopper

State Vice-Captain
there's gonna be some insaaaaane money in those fights.

If I were him I'd forget about the mandatories and just try to fight Wilder and/or Fury. Only big fights from here. If the sanctioning bodies strip you, so be it. I doubt they would though.
Joshua's spent most of his pro career avoiding Wilder, and I can't imagine he'll be in any hurry now. Unless Wilder's a mandatory challenger? I don't follow boxing that closely any more, so don't really know how these things work nowadays.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Depends how much hunger he has left, may think a mega fight and out will do. You just never know once they made a packet.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Joshua's spent most of his pro career avoiding Wilder, and I can't imagine he'll be in any hurry now. Unless Wilder's a mandatory challenger? I don't follow boxing that closely any more, so don't really know how these things work nowadays.
I don't think Joshua himself has wanted to avoid Wilder, it's been Hearn and the Matchroom engine wanting to milk the teat as long as possible before any perceived cash out fight. I think after the Ruiz defeat they now know that there's also risk in drawing out these mega fights. The wheels can come off at any time.

I think there'll be an understanding that now is the time.

Well, I hope anyway. They might try and age Wilder a couple more years - he's 34 already.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Depends how much hunger he has left, may think a mega fight and out will do. You just never know once they made a packet.
Who else in the division can he fight? Pulev??? zzzzzz.

Joshua has actually done a better job than Wilder of fighting guys in and around the top 10...there's not really anyone left for him to fight. Maybe he could fight Usyk? I doubt that though. Way too high risk, very little reward, and you don't want to have to go through losing the belts again.