• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bowlers with similar bowling actions

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Thommo actually releases with his arm pretty straight up, very different to malinga whose arm seems to come over at a 45 degree angle
Spot on. Except for both being slingers (like many others before them, the actions are different.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Pushpakumara was not that short. He was 6' or there about. On his day could be very quick (as SRT and Azhar found out once), but obviously no where as blistering as Waqar.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Glenn McGrath and obscure Indian paceman Aavishkar Salvi.
Have heard that one many times, but have still never yet procured any footage of Salvi from which to gain my own look at the similarity.
around 0.50s Pushpakumara bowls. You can judge the similarity to Waqar
Had never even heard of his action being Waqar-esque before now (only time I ever even noticed him was on the 1998 SL tour to England), but yeah, there's real similarity there - much more so than Gough.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Have heard that one many times, but have still never yet procured any footage of Salvi from which to gain my own look at the similarity.
Don't see it much, myself. Salvi is not nearly as powerful at the crease as Mcgrath.

thierry henry

International Coach
Puskpakumara and Younis was the one I was going to say.

Perhaps I've made this up (I was an impressionable 10/11 year old during the 1995/6 season) but I seem to recall Pushpakumara openly saying he had copied Younis