• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Biggest Six You've Ever Seen

Fiery

Banned
I think McMillan's 6 tonight that left Wellington Stadium has to be one of the biggest hits I've ever seen. Any that stick in the mind or anyone have any good stories about huge hits?

Last edited:

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Shane Bond vs India, Eden Park 2003. Baseball type swing, cleared the West Stand. Unbelieveable. That's the biggest I've ever seen at a game, McMillan's tonight on TV looked massive though, probably bigger.

benchmark00

I remember in Brett Lee (i think it was) in South Africa (haha sorry but i think it was that too, not sure though) a few years ago hit a six that went over the stand and smashed a car window in the car park, apparently it was some politicians car, although im not sure if that was entirely true. That was pretty huge

twctopcat

International Regular
Scallywag said:
Mark Waugh straight drove Vittori and the ball landed on the Lillee Marsh stand at the WACA.

98 I think.
I heard Tom Moody say that was the biggest one he saw but for comparison the one afridi hit into the opposite end in the recent vb series must have been a good 40m back up on the 2nd tier, huge. Also remember Martyn hitting a straight one out of the ground at Cairns last year against Sri Lanka. Then of course there is the one Freddy hit straight into his dad's lap against the windies at Edgbaston.

Josh

International Regular
Davison hit a huge one at the World Cup 2003. Way, way out of the ground. Cameron White last week also bloody smashed MacGill. They were huge. Symonds onto the roof at the WACA, Afridi into the 2nd. tier at the WACA, all massive hits.

Fiery

Banned
twctopcat said:
I heard Tom Moody say that was the biggest one he saw but for comparison the one afridi hit into the opposite end in the recent vb series must have been a good 40m back up on the 2nd tier, huge. Also remember Martyn hitting a straight one out of the ground at Cairns last year against Sri Lanka. Then of course there is the one Freddy hit straight into his dad's lap against the windies at Edgbaston.
You wouldn't think someone Martyn's size could figure in the big hitting stakes. Must have timed it magnificently. Would be nice to be able to measure them somehow some time in the future and have the figure come up on the screen like the bowling speeds.

twctopcat

International Regular
Fiery said:
You wouldn't think someone Martyn's size could figure in the big hitting stakes. Must have timed it magnificently. Would be nice to be able to measure them somehow some time in the future and have the figure come up on the screen like the bowling speeds.
Yeah thats just what i thought when i saw it, just flew right out of the ground and was bouncing on the road with people walking by just watching this cricket ball whizz by!!!!

_Ed_

Another one I remember is in a domestic game at Eden Park Outer Oval, Andre Adams (at least I think it was him) hit one out of the ground and it landed on the road outside the ground.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I remember Jayasuirya hitting a big six in Singapore that went well out of the ground. I think it was the innings that he got the fastest 50 or the one the he got the fastest 100 before Afridi took it over.

I think Afridi six at the WACA was as big as that one but, it was also probably bigger then Mark Waugh.

deeps

International 12th Man
yeh afridi's six at the WACA was HUGE. just wondering, is the WACA a really really big ground? coz if ppl have hit it out of the ground, and yet the 2nd tier on the waca is considerred bigger?

i'd say the biggest six wld b hit by afridi considering he hits soo many of them and hits them very very hard

Langeveldt

Soutie
I remember John Dakin hit Andy Caddick out of the county ground and over the neighboring car park..

Simon Francis cleared the River on the other side of the ground as well, over some quite high stands too...

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Scallywag said:
Mark Waugh straight drove Vittori and the ball landed on the Lillee Marsh stand at the WACA.

98 I think.
anyone got a video or something of that?

SpeedKing

U19 Vice-Captain
i seem to remember ian butler smashing adrian dale for a last ball six to win a match for Kent against Glamorgan. i do not know how big Sofia Gardens is but if anyone else saw it they will all say it was massive. it was a full toss and Butler simply stood still, waited for it and clubbed it [baseball swing] i think it rebounded off the advertisement boards at the top the highestst tier otherwise, it would have denetd a few bonnets in the car park

There was also Steven Harmison's almighty smash over midwicket off a West Indian bowler. i remember Micheal Atherton saying ''Hey, I am Tiger Woods'' when he tried to describe how Harmy felt about his big hit. now that went high in the air with distance as well. however it didn't quite have as much speed as that Afridi hit off Symonds

Last edited:

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
I remember a six in Astle's carnage(222) of England, in the 1st test at Christchurch, and he somehow did NOT get the man of the match award, which I thought was rudiculous.

Anyway, Astle charged down the track to Andy Caddick (I think it was Caddick) and drives the ball dead straight over the commentary box and onto the roof. Incredible hit.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
BlackCap_Fan said:
I remember a six in Astle's carnage(222) of England, in the 1st test at Christchurch, and he somehow did NOT get the man of the match award, which I thought was rudiculous.

Anyway, Astle charged down the track to Andy Caddick (I think it was Caddick) and drives the ball dead straight over the commentary box and onto the roof. Incredible hit.
That six was huge, absolutely massive. There was another over cover that also went onto the roof if I remember correctly, wasn't hit too badly either.

cricket player

International Debutant
benchmark00 said:
I remember in Brett Lee (i think it was) in South Africa (haha sorry but i think it was that too, not sure though) a few years ago hit a six that went over the stand and smashed a car window in the car park, apparently it was some politicians car, although im not sure if that was entirely true. That was pretty huge
It was againts india in icc trophy champoins which was held in kenya,The six was againts kumble and unfortunately australia lost that match :)