• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bid for position draft vote

Best 3 teams in "Bid for order" draft

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
The "bid for position" draft can be found here.

As usual, pick your top three from the following (teams picked for Test cricket)

Line and Length:
Graeme Smith (vc) /
Matthew.Hayden /
George Headley /
Clyde Walcott /
MS Dhoni (w/k) /
Keith Miller /o
Ian Botham /o
Ravi Ashwin /o
Richie Benaud (capt) /o
Ray Lindwall /o
Courtney Walsh o

ankitj
Herbert Sutcliffe
Virender Sehwag
Ricky Ponting (c)
Graeme Pollock
Greg Chappell
Les Ames (wk)
Mike Procter [2]
Shaun Pollock [3]
Michael Holding [1]
Bill O'Reilly [5]
Muttiah Muralitharan [4]

honestbharani
Simon Katich
David Warner
Ken Barrington
Kumar Sangakkara (wk)
AB De Villiers (wk)
Shakib Al Hasan
Aubrey Faulkner
Frank Worrell
Alan Davidson
Wasim Akram
Neil Adcock

CricZo XI (kingkallis)
Arthur Morris /
Geoff Boycott /
Don Bradman / ©
Stan McCabe /
Charles Macartney / o
Garfield Sobers / o
Denis Lindsay + /
Harold Larwood o /
Jim Laker o
Fred Spofforth o
Fred Trueman o

Pothas
Jack Hobbs
Alastair Cook
Wally Hammond
Virat Kohli
Javed Miandad
Steve Waugh
Alan Knott
Imran Khan
Shane Warne
Dennis Lillee
James Anderson

JOJOXI
Gordon Greenidge
Gary Kirsten
Rahul Dravid
Steven Smith (captain)
Shivnarine Chanderpaul
Tony Greig
Adam Gilchrist
Pat Cummins
Anil Kumble
Dale Steyn
Sydney Barnes

StephenZA
Bruce Mitchell
Victor Trumper
Jacques Kallis (4)
Sachin Tendulkar
Brian Lara
Quinton de Kock+
Clive Rice* (3)
Wilfred Rhodes (6)
Hugh Tayfield (5)
Allan Donald (1)
Joel Garner (2)

trundler
Bob Simpson 6
Sunil Gavaskar
Viv Richards
Everton Weekes
Allan Border*
Andy Flower+
Vinoo Mankad 5
Richard Hadlee 1
Andy Roberts 3
Waqar Younis 2
Clarrie Grimmett 4

ataraxia
L Hutton* / pt
BA Richards /
RN Harvey /
DCS Compton / pt
AD Nourse /
MA Noble.
JHB Waite
H Verity o
MD Marshall o
CEL Ambrose o
GD McGrath o

Last edited:

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ankitj, Trundler and KingKallis for me.

Loads of great teams obviously but most of them had something I found slightly weird, usually including having a million bowlers. I swear I think this every draft though so it is probably just me...

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
King Kallis by the length of a country straight.

But the other two sides that capture the imagination are ataraxia who has the best bowling and Pothas, who has an excellent side.

kingkallis

International Coach
Some very good teams to vote for. trundler and Ankit missed out only slightly.

I was lucky to have Bradman and Sobers to begin with but I was not sure of ending up having that great looking line up. Line & Length and hb had a better chance to build better teams I feel.

- ataraxia: One of the best bowling attack and brilliant openers
- Pothas: Wonderful team overall
- StephenZA: Personal favorites

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
L&L - Awesome awesome side aside from the opening bowlers being a little bit less than ATG in my opinion. Otherwise, a side for all seasons.

ankit - ONe of the best draft sides I have ever seen, period. Amazing how he got this side really.

hb - full of options, light on ATGs. It is a side that will perhaps be better in an actual series than on paper.

kk - very old timey side. Bradman + McCabe means he should win by default, but I think the bowling attack misses out.

pothas - great side, not quite ATG level though.

jojo - Great variety all the way through. One of the top sides for sure, but will put it below ankit.

stephenza - Good side, not quite the ATG tier though.

trundler - Great side but again seems to lack something compared to ankit or jojo's side. winner of the next level perhaps.

ataraxia - That bowling attack is all kinds of awesome and batting, a bit old timey but enough greats there to make it awesome.

So in essence, while a lot of close teams, I think ankit, jojo and ataraxia are on a different level to the rest.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Thing about this draft was that some of us could put together combinations due to batches of picks that we usually cannot manage because we are trying to achieve balance before dream combos. So ataraxia got Marshall-Ambrose-McGrath combo and I got Murali-O'Reilly combo.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Think I have a superbly well rounded team. If it isn't in the top 3 it's still in the same league. Gun bowling and star studded batting.

Howe_zat

Audio File
They're all good as is usually the way with a mostly unrestricted draft. Line and Length made himself easy to eliminate with his chioce of openers.

I dunno how KK managed to get Bradman and Sobers in the same side at apperently no cost. Pothas' side is my favourite.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I thought KK paid a fairly big price for Bradman and Sobers. Spofforth, Larwood and Macartney are compromise choices and openers are good without being great.

But I know this forum rates some of these guys much higher than I do. I would have taken Akhtar, AdKock and Lloyd / Williamson for instance if I was in his place.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
criczo's side is outstanding batting. Most sides are pretty decent. Pothas has an incredible team too. Bats deep, great keeper, and an all round bowling attack.

Third is tough between Ankit, atraxia, and trundler. Ankit probably the most balanced among them while atraxia has an outstanding bowling attack. Trundler has solid batting and bowling but probably not better than ankit.

So, criczo, pothas, and ankit for mine.

kingkallis

International Coach
I thought KK paid a fairly big price for Bradman and Sobers. Spofforth, Larwood and Macartney are compromise choices and openers are good without being great.

But I know this forum rates some of these guys much higher than I do. I would have taken Akhtar, AdKock and Lloyd / Williamson for instance if I was in his place.
I am happy to end up with the team I have. I honestly didnt think I'd be able to pick Great 11. Luckily I did.

We must have posted the Order so others could see who got the advantage to pick first 30-35 ATGs.

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
Congratulations to kingkallis and Pothas for their joint win, and to ankitj and ataraxia for running them close.

Thanks again to everyone for taking part - was fun watching the bids come in, and watching the run of multiple picks in the middle of the draft! When some of the current drafts have finished, I'll run an ODI version.

kingkallis

International Coach
Congratulations Pothas. Well played.

It was an amazing draft to play. Thank you for running it Andrew.