• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Upcoming Player From Non Test Playing Nations!

Best Emerging Player?

• Rodney Trott (Bermuda)?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alex Obanda (Kenya)?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Reckon Kervezee is the best out of the lot, but Obanda has potential too.

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
Apologies about Richard mode, but...

Varaiya vs Bermuda, Canada, Holland, Ireland and Scotland:

31 wickets @ 15.96, economy 3.20, strike rate 29.9

Varaiya vs Bangladesh, England and New Zealand:

18 overs, no wicket for 112, economy 6.22
sorry for the late response. He would have had KP caught behind off pretty much his first deliver in the WC had Ouma not missed a sitter. Given time against the top nations, I'm pretty sure his averages will reflect his ability.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Do people, from Test playing countries, really follow whats happening in these countries or do you just look up stats on the various sites ?
Never mind people in test playing countries, people in Ireland have no choice but to either go to every game or follow what's happening on cricinfo. Irish cricket isn't televised here outside the world cup.

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
Never mind people in test playing countries, people in Ireland have no choice but to either go to every game or follow what's happening on cricinfo. Irish cricket isn't televised here outside the world cup.
At the risk of getting in trouble for self promotion (but you did mention the competition, so...), you would find more info including some live domestic games on CricketEurope Ireland

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
At the risk of getting in trouble for self promotion (but you did mention the competition, so...), you would find more info including some live domestic games on CricketEurope Ireland

I'm moving to Manchester shortly in any case, so watching cricket at Stormont will be a thing of the past until next summer. Wouldn't mind heading down to a T20 game next summer, Ireland-Bangladesh can't be too high-demand surely.

alvarez

First Class Debutant
Chris Douglas from Bermuda is off to a good start with two half centuries in his first two ODI innings. Pity no one around his seems to be able to hold a bat.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I was going to mention Rizwan Cheema, who has done pretty well in the last week or so against Bermuda and the West Indies. Pity he's 30 already.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
I was going to mention Rizwan Cheema, who has done pretty well in the last week or so against Bermuda and the West Indies. Pity he's 30 already.
Ya I know its sad. Canada should have couple of young players with such talent. Suddenly I got the feeling that Canada can make it to the next world cup. Depending on their senior players like Bagai, Mulla, Samad, Dhaniram should get back in form. If their seniors were in form for the tri-series I don't see any reason y they couldn't win against West Indies? Especially for the kind of start they got. Unfortunately Bagai & Samad disappointed.

alvarez

First Class Debutant
Seriously, how many Canadians are actually in the Canadian team? They're not all expats are they?

Ahmed_Tariq

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I was going to name Andre Botha (Irish All-Rounder) as one of the Best Upcoming Players from Non-Test Playing Nations but unfortunately, he's over-age at 33. :mellow:

Ahmed_Tariq

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
And yeah, as somebody previously mentioned, Ryan ten Doeschate is one of the best players from Non-Test Playing Nations but you can't exactly call him 'upcoming.'

P.S. Hope double-posting is not penalized here or I am in big trouble. :blink:

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
And yeah, as somebody previously mentioned, Ryan ten Doeschate is one of the best players from Non-Test Playing Nations but you can't exactly call him 'upcoming.'

P.S. Hope double-posting is not penalized here or I am in big trouble. :blink:
Na its alrite mate...