• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Test century amongst these in winning cause ?

Best Test century under pressure

• Total voters

Kirkut

International Regular
So was Smith . It was SA’s 1st Test series victory in England.
Big difference between beating a good English side vs beating an ATG team who won 16 consecutive tests and that too after following on. Not to forget the bad press Indian cricket got after Azhar/Jadeja/Prabhakar fixing controversy back then.

bagapath

International Captain
I have gone for Lara's because it was in the fourth innings against a very very good bowling attack and that performance changed the mood of the entire team which was sliding down rapidly

But it was almost impossible to not vote for Stokes and Botham and Laxman.

Good poll!

Sunil1z

International Regular
You think there aren't 10 to 15 ATG second innings knocks in wins?

You've just selected them at random
I selected knocks which are most memorable. Whereas for 1st and 2nd innings I think every ATG batsman has 1 ATG knock.

In 3rd and 4th innings number of ATG knocks are relatively low.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
All the more reason then why you should have included TPC's 142 in the first test of the 2019 Ashes tbh

Sunil1z

International Regular
All the more reason then why you should have included TPC's 142 in the first test of the 2019 Ashes tbh
After this poll , will do one for the ATG knocks in 1st and 2nd innings

Will include Steve Waugh 200 and Steve Smith 142 in that one.

subshakerz

International Coach
Botham's was a matchchanging innings but he likely caught the bowlers a bit unaware. I dont think the pressure was quite there.

Lara and Stokes were somewhat lucky to survive and their innings weren't completely chanceless.

Smith wasn't against as great an attack.

Laxman's had a tremendous feat of batting an entire day against an ATG attack, though I think the pitch was more batting friendly than the others.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
After this poll , will do one for the ATG knocks in 1st and 2nd innings

Will include Steve Waugh 200 and Steve Smith 142 in that one.
It was in the third innings. His 144 was in the first innings of the same match

subshakerz

International Coach
Do posters deduct marks for Lara being dropped or Stokes getting off for a lbw and runout? For me, they take away from the innings' gloss a bit.