• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

best Players

bagapath

International Captain
what a phenomenal thread...

Dawood... I am from small town India and I was also, like you, a 13 year old kid very long ago. I am not sure if you get that all the posts directed at you are not really straight. I hope you are taking the mild natured mickey taking in full cognisance. I have to admit that your statements are very amusing. my best wishes to you. keep playing/ watching cricket, and keep writing, my friend.

anyways... here is my take on your teams...

tendulkar cannot be considered a serious test match opener. he belongs in the middle order.
don bradman is the greatest batsman of all time. and he is the best no.3 that can ever be. so there is no point in delaying his entry by keeping him at 5.
sir len hutton is possibly the second greatest batsman of all time. he is on par with other giants like sobers, hobbs, tendulkar, lara, hammond, gavaskar, richards, ponting and g.chappell. and each of them would happily concede that sir len was better than them. he was a true champion and there is nothing wrong in him opening the batting for any all time xi playing against any opposition anywhere in the world.
you are certainly one bowler short. just bring in any of your reserve bowlers to the final xi. any combination of your choices (Warne/ Murali/ Holding/ Garner/ Mcgrath/Ambrose) is good enough to beat any team. make sure you have four of them. in an all time set-up kallis can be the fifth bowler but not one among the four main bowlers.