• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

best Players

Dawood Ahmad

U19 Vice-Captain
Who are your best batsmen of all time
Mine are:
1. Bradman - The king of defence
2. Lara - The best at his best
3. Ponting - The master of pull short and cover drive
4. Len Hutton - His records are great
5. Tendulker - Great odi player

My Test team:
Gavasker
Tendulker
Ponting
Lara
Bradman
Kallis
Waugh
Gilchrist
Warne/Murlidaran
Michael Holding/ Joel Garner
Mcgrath/Curtly Ambrose

My odi team:
Sehwag
Tendulker
Ponting
Lara
Bevan
Kallis
Waugh
Gilchrist
Murlitharan
Lee
Mcgrath

Dawood Ahmad

U19 Vice-Captain
And Gilchrist eight.
For wicket keeping and his tremendous batting skills when he was in form.

What is it about Bradman which makes you think he is the king of defence?
His classical defensive shots and 9 double hundreds make me think that he is a defensive wall.
I also get a point that he scored record 309 runs in a day in the era where there were no boundaries.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
You would also think that the fourth best batsman of all time, Len Hutton would find a spot in the team.

Dawood Ahmad

U19 Vice-Captain
You would also think that the fourth best batsman of all time, Len Hutton would find a spot in the team.
Len hutton used to bat as an opener but I had already an opener of that level, Tendulker. I preffered Gavaskar in my team cuz he could carry the bat unlike len hutton who lost wicket at any time.
Also, Len Hutton was inconsistent, i already had an inconsistent batsman Brian Lara. Two inconsistent batsman have the potential to go very good but can lead to a collapse in batting by losing their wickets immediately.

Edit: Len Hutton also did not have an opener partner but Tendulker's suitable partner can be Gavaskar.

Flem274*

123/5
T Mac McIntosh stiff to miss out on this side imo. What's your opinion of the great man in the floppy hat Dawood?

His reverse sweep's catch at 1987 was impressive. He could have potential to go even better if he would get more chance.
He scored 15...

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Dagwood dog, what are your thoughts on dropping Kallis or Waugh from your ODI side for a Pakistan quick like Wasim Akram? If you do that, you've managed to make a good team I think.

Dawood Ahmad

U19 Vice-Captain

hahaha this is the best thing ever, a ten ball innings overrules his 275 innings at number 4
I saw that he could fours in the first overs to build up pressure(He hit 3 fours). He could play innings till the end of the match (like 200*, 186*, 175*, 150 in odi) as opener and even if he plays a long innings as opener, he could continue scoring runs in middle order.
Everything is clear now.

Dawood Ahmad

U19 Vice-Captain
Dagwood dog, what are your thoughts on dropping Kallis or Waugh from your ODI side for a Pakistan quick like Wasim Akram? If you do that, you've managed to make a good team I think.
I was thinking Imran Khan but not Wasim because a death bowler like Lee is enough. Although Wasim was not capable of taking wickets like Lee in middle order. He could not bowl in the powerplay like Mcgraw.
I got Kallis late cuz he was an attacking batsman always but could not get his place in first years which forced him to practice as a top order batsman. This experience abled him to bat under-presure. If the top order would collapse, kallis could play well as under-pressure.
I already commented on waugh.