• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best and worst bowler celebrations/sendoffs

subshakerz

International Coach
I personally am not a big fan of these stylized sendoffs by Afridi or by Brett Lee back in the day.

But I felt that pumped up celebrations by bowlers like Warne and Wasim added to the excitement of the game. But someone like Lillee could often go overboard too.

Then there were bowlers like Imran Khan and Stuart MacGill who rarely showed much emotion after getting a wicket which I also found impressive.

Interested to hear other's thoughts.

Edit: Sorry, meant to post this on the main board.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Broad's celebappeals can eff off too.

Used to like (well, "like" is maybe the wrong word because as often as not it was a hapless Englishman in the role of victim, "respect" perhaps closer) McGrath's simple "two arms aloft" celeb, but then he ruined it by starting that raising of the ball for five-fors that I find horribly contrived.

subshakerz

International Coach
Broad's celebappeals can eff off too.

Used to like (well, "like" is maybe the wrong word because as often as not it was a hapless Englishman in the role of victim, "respect" perhaps closer) McGrath's simple "two arms aloft" celeb, but then he ruined it by starting that raising of the ball for five-fors that I find horribly contrived.
I didnt mind it since it gave the bowlers a bit of credit.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I didnt mind it since it gave the bowlers a bit of credit.
Fair dos. I'm all for giving the bowlers credit, but it just feels a bit forced as the ball invariably has to be retrieved for the bowler to raise. Unless, I guess, he completes his Michelle with a C+B, but can't ever recall that happening.

At least when batters raise the willow to acknowledge a 50 or a ton they usually have the bat already about them.

Shady Slim

International Coach
Fair dos. I'm all for giving the bowlers credit, but it just feels a bit forced as the ball invariably has to be retrieved for the bowler to raise. Unless, I guess, he completes his Michelle with a C+B, but can't ever recall that happening.

At least when batters raise the willow to acknowledge a 50 or a ton they usually have the bat already about them.
i like how you need to say the usually here because if you didn't some guy would come in like, "well actually during the second innings of the fourth test of the 1905 ashes england #5 george toffenstoff had broken his bat hitting a four to bring it up off the bowling of australia's richard "fingers" smith"

Everton Seymour

U19 Debutant
Miandad to Merv Hughes : " You should be driving buses , you're a bus driver , too fat to be playing cricket"

Merv Hughes after dismissing Miandad : Tickets please!

Xuhaib

International Coach
Hassan Ali celebration is the worst hands down.

Shoaib airplane celebration was kinda cool but you need to be a Shoaib to pull it off without making it cringe.

Marius

International Debutant
Paul Adams did a somersault for a while after he took a wicket. Think he got told to stop because he could roll his ankle on the landing.