• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

BCCI wants Clive Lloyd removed after ICL Comments

Precambrian

Banned
The point I was making is that the ICL might cause the BCCI to lose the PCB and BCCSL's support. That would be hugely beneficial if it happened, as it'd make I$C$C a bit more of a genuine democracy than it has been for the last decade and more.

Such a thing, however, is extremely unlikely. If the PCB and BCCSL were on a stronger footing, though, it might be a bit more plausible.

The BCCI legitimising the ICL would be the worst outcome for the game, IMO. I certainly don't want to see that happen, and I'd much prefer an Asian-bloc split was engineered by something else.
Not going to happen. Possibilities (in the descending order of probability)

1. Miandad agrees informally to shut his trap.
2. Miandad is kicked out of PCB.
3. ICL is legit.
4. Asian bloc splits.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
The point I was making is that the ICL might cause the BCCI to lose the PCB and BCCSL's support. That would be hugely beneficial if it happened, as it'd make I$C$C a bit more of a genuine democracy than it has been for the last decade and more.

Such a thing, however, is extremely unlikely. If the PCB and BCCSL were on a stronger footing, though, it might be a bit more plausible.

The BCCI legitimising the ICL would be the worst outcome for the game, IMO. I certainly don't want to see that happen, and I'd much prefer an Asian-bloc split was engineered by something else.
Cricket australia and the ECB losing the support of south africa or the west indies is more likely than that.
I think the srilankan and pakistan boards know that if they get divided then it will lead to the old days of england and australia running everything.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Most of this ICL stuff from other Boards is posturing.

It is a big negotiating chip they can bring to the table when dealing with BCCI.

Basically they mention ICL and then force BCCI to give them stuff to drop it.

Its a legit bargaining tactic but there are similarities between this action and blackmailing your boss as you have pictures of him with a hooker.

Rant0r

International 12th Man
why am i not surprised

can't wait for the first former icl player to return to the international fold

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
BCCI is a JOKE. It has become so annoying to follow Indian cricket these days despite Indian team doing so well.

Just read in the newspapers that Dhoni threatened to quit Captaincy over the selection of a player. It is just so depressing to hear as an Indian Cricket Fan.

Precambrian

Banned
BCCI is a JOKE. It has become so annoying to follow Indian cricket these days despite Indian team doing so well.

Just read in the newspapers that Dhoni threatened to quit Captaincy over the selection of a player. It is just so depressing to hear as an Indian Cricket Fan.
Bunch of concocted crap as usual by Indian media

Dhoni rubbishes claim

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Indian skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni offered to step down from the captaincy after his alleged clash with the selectors over pacer RP Singh's exclusion from the squad against England.

According to the reports, Dhoni wanted RP Singh in the team for the next two ODIs, while selectors wanted Irfan Pathan. Though at the end, selectors had their way and Pathan was chosen ahead of the UP pacer.

If reports are to be believed, the selection meeting in Kanpur, which was to last for 5 mins lasted for over 30 mins and the proceedings of the stormy session has been leaked to 'Anandbazar Patrika'.

K Srikkant, the chairman of the selection committee, told Dhoni that RP was out of form so there was no point in having him in the national team and he should play some domestic cricket.

Dhoni, known to back his players, was unhappy with this move and offered to resign. He reportedly said 'then you can look for another captain'.

The selectors complained to the BCCI secretary N Srinivasan that they deserved a little more respect from the captain.

The matter was then escalated to BCCI President Shashank Manohar, who intervened and said a team should not be built on the basis of individual preferances and no one was indispensible.

The Indian players are currently in Bangalore to play the fourth match.
Well, Dhoni overreacted there though.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Bunch of concocted crap as usual by Indian media

Dhoni rubbishes claim
Can you read stuff ? Someone from the BCCI leaked the meeting details to the media. Obviously lot of information was leaked and one of the thing was that 'Dhoni offered to resign over the selection of Pathan and RP'. Dhoni obviously was disgusted with the leak.

Media can not make such stuff up on its own.

Precambrian

Banned
Can you read stuff ? Someone from the BCCI leaked the meeting details to the media. Obviously lot of information was leaked and one of the thing was that 'Dhoni offered to resign over the selection of Pathan and RP'. Dhoni obviously was disgusted with the leak.

Obvious. But Dhoni denied any such stuff.

And why can't media not make up stuff? They are :angel:?

Precambrian

Banned

"I don't know where the report came from. What happens inside a meeting where the selectors, the captain and the coaches are there, when it comes out it is disgusting and disrespectful," Dhoni said, after India's training session at the M Chinnaswamy Stadium. "Things like this should not be happening. I'm not saying something happened at the meeting, but over the years we have seen things being leaked from meetings."

BCCI officials, however, have denied the report. "I don't talk about selection meetings. In any case it is all rubbish," N Srinivisan, the board secretary, told Cricinfo.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Obvious. But Dhoni denied any such stuff.

And why can't media not make up stuff? They are :angel:?
Angels or not, but media can't wake up stuff on its own about India's captain who has been so successful recently can suddenly resign.

And no Dhoni did not deny it.

http://inhome.rediff.com/cricket/2008/nov/22dhoni-denies-offering-to-quit.htm

"I don't know from where the reports came from. It cannot be a report. What happens inside while the selectors and the captains are there, if it comes out, it is disgusting, it's disrespecting. Things like these should not happen, ...I am not talking about whether something or not happened in the selection meeting. Over the years, we have found out something or other goes out. We go to see....we are at the highest stature because we are selecting 16 guys for the Indian team.
"We will have debate inside and things like this should not come out. I think if they are suppose to come out, it's better we have a live television out there because what comes out ...nobody should know apart from the eight guys who are sitting down
"

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
"I don't know where the report came from. What happens inside a meeting where the selectors, the captain and the coaches are there, when it comes out it is disgusting and disrespectful," Dhoni said, after India's training session at the M Chinnaswamy Stadium. "Things like this should not be happening. I'm not saying something happened at the meeting, but over the years we have seen things being leaked from meetings."

BCCI officials, however, have denied the report. "I don't talk about selection meetings. In any case it is all rubbish," N Srinivisan, the board secretary, told Cricinfo.
Yeah Like N Srinivasan is going to come out and accept that something like this happened. I am surprised that There are people in the world who believe Srinivasan and his ilk.

Precambrian

Banned
Yeah Like N Srinivasan is going to come out and accept that something like this happened. I am surprised that There are people in the world who believe Srinivasan and his ilk.
Hello, Srinivasan is a respected guy, Don't take him for granted just because of your view about BCCI. He won't be saying it it anything in it.

See, it's not about just fair when you start questioning the personal integrity of someone. Srinivasan is an enterpreneur and not a politician. I'd take the words of him than a non-accountable media anyday.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Cricket australia and the ECB losing the support of south africa or the west indies is more likely than that.
CA and the ECB don't have the UCBSA or WICB's "bloc" support though. Everyone knows that.
I think the srilankan and pakistan boards know that if they get divided then it will lead to the old days of england and australia running everything.
That's utter nonsense, of course, and attitudes like "we must stop England and Australia running everything" are what holds back the prospects of a genuine democracy, which is what would serve everyone best.

England and Australia will never run cricket. The extent to which they did in past times is hopelessly exaggerated in this day and age, and it's certainly never going to come close to happening again.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Not going to happen.
I know it's not. The below list:
Possibilities (in the descending order of probability)

1. Miandad agrees informally to shut his trap.
2. Miandad is kicked out of PCB.
3. ICL is legit.
4. Asian bloc splits.
is exactly what I'd consider myself.

Javed and Arjuna are fighting battles they can't win.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Hello, Srinivasan is a respected guy, Don't take him for granted just because of your view about BCCI. He won't be saying it it anything in it.

See, it's not about just fair when you start questioning the personal integrity of someone. Srinivasan is an enterpreneur and not a politician. I'd take the words of him than a non-accountable media anyday.
You can trust whoever you want to and it is your choice but please donot start giving character certificates to corrupt folks like N. Srinivasan ,who have been facing perjury charges issued by a high court in India, as some sort of respected guy.

Oh and I am not defending media as some sort of beacon of virtue, but they can not create news of such magnitude on their own. Are you saying that all went hunky-dory in the meeting between Dhoni and the selectors and this news is just a figment of some media maniac's imagination ?

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
BCCI should go **** themselves. This bully game they are playing over the ICC & other boards it getting really irriating now. How the hell is this wonderful sport come to this????

Precambrian

Banned
You can trust whoever you want to and it is your choice but please donot start giving character certificates to corrupt folks like N. Srinivasan ,who have been facing perjury charges issued by a high court in India, as some sort of respected guy.

Oh and I am not defending media as some sort of beacon of virtue, but they can not create news of such magnitude on their own. Are you saying that all went hunky-dory in the meeting between Dhoni and the selectors and this news is just a figment of some media maniac's imagination ?
News of such magnitude? Haha you need to get yourself examined imho. A storm in a teacup.

Perjury charges are against BCCI and not one person. And clearly one of the many episodes in that foul Dalmiya vs Pawar political mud-slinging.