• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bangladesh Premier League

ajdude

International Coach
my ah um tv ah signal went out, goddamnit

my ah um tv signal just came back to show gayle being bowled, i'm going to sleep

G.I.Joe

International Coach
How much bowling is Abdul Razzaq (the Pakistani) getting done? There are reports that he's pulled a fast one on the PCB.

cricman

International 12th Man
Final is tomorrow/tonight, Dhaka/Karachi vs Barisal

i think Both XI's will stay the same.

Dhaka XI: Imran Nazir, Awais Zia, Nazimuddin, Azhar Mahmood, Mohammad Ashraful, Shahid Afridi, Mashrafe Mortaza*, Dhiman Ghosh, Anamul Haque, Elias Sunny, Saeed Ajmal

Barisial: Ahmed Shehzad, Brad Hodge*, Phil Mustard, Nazmul Islam Mominul Haque, Alauddin Babu, Suhrawadi Shuvo, Mithun Ali, Farhad Hossain, Yasir Arafat, Kabir Ali

Ahmad Shehzad scored a 100 in the Semi with some help from some real shocking fielding,

Dhaka is loaded, they got a scare by Shakib in the Semis, There the best fielding and bowling side by far and they bat deep so even if there top order stumbles somebody picks up the slack.

Aside from the Semi-Controversy, the tournament was well run. Elias Sunny was the find of the tournament and I'd say Mortaza being back to full form were the biggest plus for Bangladesh.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Just checked the scorecard, Shakib almost single handedly knocked them out in the semis, WAFG. Where can I watch this thing?

And yeah, good for Bangas. Seems Anamul Haque scored some runs today. And wow, an awful lot of Pakistani players in there too.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Bpl-2

So it looks like people in charge didn't learn a lesson or two from the first edition and now the second edition also has been plagued by incompetency and controversy. This time around franchisees are supposed to pay 25% of players' fees before the tournament starts and guess what, some of the players still haven't received that. Also many foreign players withdrew from the tournament recently.

The BPL governing council for the first edition faced much criticism for the way they handled certain issues, but according to franchisees it has gone only from bad to worse after a new group replaced the officials for the second edition.
There are many issues still needed to be sorted out, including the participation of Pakistani players and the accommodation of players, which put the franchisees in an uncertain situation.
Auction took place in December. Unconfirmed Squads (foreign players in bold):

Barisal Burners: Alok Kapali, Shafiul Islam, Elias Sunny, Shuvagata Hom, Shabbir Rahman, Ifthikar Ahmed, Jubair Ahmed, Alauddin Babu, Al Amin, Nazmul Apu, Saeed Ajmal, Sunil Narine, Brad Hodge, Azhar Mahmood, Umar Gul, Kamran Akmal, Phil Mustard, Kabir Ali, Hammad Azam

Sylhet Royals: Mushfiqur Rahim, Sohag Gazi, Mominul Haque, Nazmul Hossain, Imtiaz Hossain, Nazmul Hossain Milon, Jupiter Ghosh, Suhrawadi Shuvo, Tino Best, Andre Russell, Dwayne Smith, Azeem Ghumman, Zulfiqur Babar, Hamilton Masakadza, Babar Azam, Sohel Ahmed, Paul Stirling

Duronto Rajshahi: Tamim Iqbal, Ziaur Rahman, Jahurul Islam, Abul Hasan, Farhad Hossain, Moktar Ali, Taijul Islam, Shaker Ahmed, Monir Hossain, Marlon Samuels, Abdul Razzaq, Mohammad Sami, Shahzaib Hasan, Alex Hales, Khalid Latif, Sean Ervine

Rangpur Riders: Nasir Hossain, Abdur Razzak, Junaid Siddique, Imrul Kayes, Mehedi Maruf, Shamshur Rahman, Taposh Ghosh, Dhiman Ghosh, Mohammad Sharif, Fidel Edwards, Kevin O'Brien, Sharjil Khan, Anwar Ali, Raja Ali Dar

Dhaka Gladiators: Shakib Al Hasan, Mohammad Ashraful, Anamul Haque, Mashrafe Mortaza, Raqibul Hasan, Mosharraf Hossain, Soumya Sarkar, Litton Das, Shahid Afridi, Luke Wright, Owais Shah, Tillakaratne Dilshan, Lasith Malinga, Joshua Cobb, Chris Liddle, Darren Stevens, Kaushal Lokuarachchi

Khulna Royal Bengal: Nazimuddin, Shahriar Nafees, Farhad Reza, Shahadat Hossain, Mizanur Rahman, Mohammad Mithun, Dollar Mahmud, Sanjamul Islam, Nabil Samad, Shoaib Malik, Umar Akmal, Awaiz Zia, Umar Amin, Ahmed Shehzad, Riki Wessels, Haris Sohail, Bilawal Bhatti, Shane Harwood

Chittagong Kings: Mahmudullah, Naeem Islam, Rubel Hossain, Arafat Sunny, Enamul Haque jnr, Aftab Ahmed, Marshall Ayub, Nurul Hasan, Imran Nazir, Dwayne Bravo, Wahab Riaz, Ravi Bopara, Ryan Ten Doeschate, Jacob Oram, Jason Roy, Kevon Cooper, Brendon Taylor, Saeed Anwar jnr

I only know that Alex Hales, Tino Best, Lasith Malinga pulled out from the tourney. Pretty sure that there are some others also.

Last edited:

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Stirling is one of the better strikers of the ball in english county cricket so it'll be good to see how he goes if he plays

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Looks like it was a true rumor that PCB wont give NOCs if we don't agree to tour

"A little while ago, we received a phone call from their CEO Subhan Ahmed saying that if we don't send the Bangladesh team on tour to Pakistan, they won't give NOCs to their players to participate in the BPL," the BCB's media committee chairman said.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
nobody in their right mind would want to visit Pakistan at this point in time. The BCB is right in taking this step for their team.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
PCB got tunneled regarding the matter now and it seems they are trying to force this issue. BCB was in tremendous pressure starting from civil citizen and government to back out from the tour and rightly so. No one has the right to put others life at risk. Also our former board president should take the blame for this chaos in the first place as he agreed to tour because of his personal gain that is PCB to give him nomination for ICC vp post.