• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bangladesh in South Africa

Furball

Evil Scotsman
hope not, I thought they went for Tsotobe?
Pretty sure Tsotsobe and Zondeki are in the squad. Trying to find it on cricinfo just now.

edit: South Africa squad: Neil McKenzie, Graeme Smith (capt), Hashim Amla, Jacques Kallis, Ashwell Prince, AB de Villiers, Mark Boucher (wk), JP Duminy, Paul Harris, Morne Morkel, Makhaya Ntini, Robin Peterson, Dale Steyn, Lonwabo Tsotsobe and Monde Zondeki.

Last edited:

kingkallis

International Coach
Well, Arthur says that he DONT prefer to play a game without a spinner! There is a chance that they will play JP! If no JP then it will be Robbie P.

If the wicket is grassy then Monde 'Unfit' Zondeki will play...ughhhhhh! Tsotsobe would have been a lot better choice!

cricman

International 12th Man
Wouldn't Surprise me to see a 2 day Test (If we're sent in), gonna be up to the pacers to make this semi-competitive. A good opening spell from Mortaza and Hossian could give alot of life into the team.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
FFS, how on earth is Kayes better than Rqqibul? Dire, dire selection.

EDIT: Raqibul's actually playing, but Naeem >>>>>>> Kayes as well.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Some commentator said on radio sport that they thought Shakib was the best left arm spinner in the world.

Yep
Shakib > Vettori

Gun bowler don't quite agree though.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Some commentator said on radio sport that they thought Shakib was the best left arm spinner in the world.

Yep
Shakib > Vettori

Gun bowler don't quite agree though.
Kerry O'Keefe suggested the same thing; couldn't believe what I was hearing.

He's returned some pretty decent figures recently and he's an intelligent bowler but he really has nothing on Vettori at this stage - and I'm not even a huge fan of Vettori the bowler. You only need to watch the guy bowl a few overs to see that.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Kerry O'Keefe suggested the same thing; couldn't believe what I was hearing.

He's returned some pretty decent figures recently and he's an intelligent bowler but he really has nothing on Vettori at this stage - and I'm not even a huge fan of Vettori the bowler. You only need to watch the guy bowl a few overs to see that.
Think it may have been Skull actually.

I think he mentioned it was cos of how he used his arm better than Vettori, getting 14.8 degree flex as opposed to Vettori's 0.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Think it may have been Skull actually.

I think he mentioned it was cos of how he used his arm better than Vettori, getting 14.8 degree flex as opposed to Vettori's 0.
Yeah, that's what he was saying on the ABC. Did RadioSport take ABC's coverage of the first Test? Was on Saturday IIRC.