• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Averaging 100 in both forms

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Linda said:
Why bring it up if you are indeed aware of this fact?

Lets face it, Hussey is some kind of freak.
Not really. Unless you call belting around Fidel Edwards as great.

He played a good knock though.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
The reactions to this thread are pretty amusing.

It is indeed a remarkable stat that at any point in their career a player should average over 100 in both forms of the game, and I would be interested in knowing if anyone has ever done it before.

Perhaps send it to Ask Steven at cricinfo?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
FaaipDeOiad said:

It is indeed a remarkable stat that at any point in their career a player should average over 100 in both forms of the game, and I would be interested in knowing if anyone has ever done it before.

Too true! I only thank the good lord Richard seems to be in one of his extended sulks! I wonder what he'd have made of it?!?

I actually love statistical quiddities like this. Fair play to Hussey. He's proving a few folk right. :)

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
FaaipDeOiad said:

how do i do this?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Slats4ever said:
ffs mate all i'm saying is that it's a stat. I'm not trying to prove anything by it...

If it says one thing but Liam it says the the West Indian attack is s*house.
First off, less bypassing the filter. Consider this a warning.

Second, considering that these are some of the Australian averages:

Symonds 5.00
Clarke 12.00
Gilchrist 17.33

...it's not really fair to say that the West Indies bowling has been pathetic. In each Test match Australia's innings has relied on a couple of players to get to winning proportions.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Top_Cat said:
I will not hear a bad word against the Ninja! Hang your head in shame! He has God-like batting powers! In fact, he IS God!

Hey, I'm as big a fan of Hussey as you'll find outside of Australia.

Slats4ever

Mr Mxyzptlk said:

Second, considering that these are some of the Australian averages:

Symonds 5.00
Clarke 12.00
Gilchrist 17.33

...it's not really fair to say that the West Indies bowling has been pathetic. In each Test match Australia's innings has relied on a couple of players to get to winning proportions.
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
played a couple of good innings on flat wickets against the might of the West Indies.
Quite a contradiction wouldn't you say?

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
So it's ok for some to say things but not ok for others. Can I get an explanation on why these guys weren't pulled up and I was? I reckon you should check this thread out before you answer
http://forum.cricketweb.net/showthread.php?t=15341&highlight=Nibbs

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Top_Cat said:
I will not hear a bad word against the Ninja! Hang your head in shame! He has God-like batting powers! In fact, he IS God!
you infidel, aa and only aa is god!!! :@

Linda

Jono said:
Not really. Unless you call belting around Fidel Edwards as great.

He played a good knock though.
I was being facetious... Give me some credit :p

marc71178 said:
And neither 3 nor 4 are 5.
Brilliant observation, thank you.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
As Anil rightly pointed out, AA is the only God of cricket. Pretenders like Hussey will never even get close, no matter however big his ears may grow out to be. :@

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If you ignore the Ashes then Ian Bell clearly does......but then if you ignored bad periods for any batsmen and had them play bangladesh probably would average over 100...

W G Grace after one test averaged over 100....