• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Test Selection Thread 2017 - 2018

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
They have played a second spinner at the SCG the last two summers, not sure if that will happen again? Somehow I doubt it

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
There is a suggestion that Starc is struggling from a bruised heel?

If Australia can somehow get enough cricket in this afternoon to win the Test, there would be a chance he gets rested for Boxing Day.

Spark

Global Moderator
There is a suggestion that Starc is struggling from a bruised heel?

If Australia can somehow get enough cricket in this afternoon to win the Test, there would be a chance he gets rested for Boxing Day.
He's had a lot of heel/ankle problems in the past, I'd be very reluctant to play him personally. Jackson Bird is a more than decent replacement for the MCG.

Second Spitter

State Vice-Captain
I sense that Show is going to eventually replace Ussie.

Despite two 50's he has never looked at ease at crease in this series.

Also, he's been outscored by Cummins and most likely Paine (if Oz didn't declare.)

Show just brings so much more, a better player of spin, a better fielder, and another bowling option.

Sorry for writing this on your birthday, UK.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Bird being picked ahead of Sayers would be tough for Chadd. He stayed up at the Gabba as 12th man while Bird went back to play Shield where he dominated.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I sense that Show is going to eventually replace Ussie.

Despite two 50's he has never looked at ease at crease in this series.

Also, he's been outscored by Cummins and most likely Paine (if Oz didn't declare.)

Show just brings so much more, a better player of spin, a better fielder, and another bowling option.

Sorry for writing this on your birthday, UK.
It's hard when the coach just doesn't like you

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Bird being picked ahead of Sayers would be tough for Chadd. He stayed up at the Gabba as 12th man while Bird went back to play Shield where he dominated.
Bird has been 12th man plenty of times you ****.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tough but fair. And Bird is a bloody good bowler who is in better form this season than Sayers. I bet England wish they had Bird available for selection.

Second Spitter

State Vice-Captain
Tough but fair. And Bird is a bloody good bowler who is in better form this season than Sayers. I bet England wish they had Bird available for selection.
Current Shield players that would make it into the current England XI:
Maxwell (without question)
Bird
Sayers (he's better than Broad, Overton, the bowler from the Brisbane Test whose name escapes me).
SOK (his antics would right at home in the current England squad)

Who else?

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Sayers is better than Broad now, no way is he in the same postcode as Broad across his career.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Short of a proper injury, no way is any quick volunteering to be rested for the Boxing Day ****ing Test.