• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian test selection 2018/19

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If the selectors has bothered to wait a few more day, you’d have thought that Richardson, Pattinson and Burns would be in real consideration for the first test

****s me to tears that CA seems incapable of getting even the simplest things right

the big bambino

International Captain
Richardson would probably have made the squad but it would take an exceptional set of circumstances for them to consider Pattinson. The biggest regret would have been over Burns. Unlike Richardson he stood a chance to make the XI as opposed to the just the squad. He could've opened with Harris and allowed Finch to comfortably move down the order.

social

Richardson would probably have made the squad but it would take an exceptional set of circumstances for them to consider Pattinson. The biggest regret would have been over Burns. Unlike Richardson he stood a chance to make the XI as opposed to the just the squad. He could've opened with Harris and allowed Finch to comfortably move down the order.
Sorry, meant Patterson not Patto

I just find it completely ridiculous that you can make a strong argument to change 20% of the squad a few days after it's been announced

Can only assume that the timing of the announcement was driven by the media (as usual) when that should be the least of the considerations

stephen

I agree social.

That's not to say that I agree with the selection policies at all. The selectors seem to have know knowledge of who the best batsmen in the country actually are. Over the last two and a half seasons Burns and Harris have been the most consistent performers. I'm fact Burns had the most runs this season by a batsman to have not made a century. He should have been in the squad over Handscomb who hasn't been consistent - he's made one century and not much else.

The only thing that's been certain over the last few years is that Smith and Warner are by far or best batsmen and the rest are all interchangeable.

I feel for Burns. He's got a better test and domestic record than many of the guys who have jumped over him in the pecking order. I'm sure that he would make a lot more runs at number 5 or 6 than Mitch Marsh. And that he wouldn't get found out like Handscomb.

Gnske

Remember guys, if you make one double century that gets you into the side.

I refuse to believe it was because Marcus Harris averaged incredibly average numbers for a few seasons.

stephen

I refuse to believe it was because Marcus Harris averaged incredibly average numbers for a few seasons.
Unless you're named Maxwell, in which case you also need more 30s and more centuries to warrant selection.

stephen

Hey, it also worked for Bancroft a year ago.

Fmd, the Ashes was only a year ago. Feels like so much has happened.

aussie tragic

International Captain
So are we any closer to picking our top 6

Finch 50, 1
Harris 2, 62
Khawaja 41
Handscomb 81, 53
Head 49
Smarsh 70*
Mmarsh 6

stephen

Australian coach Justin Langer said his batting line-up for Adelaide would be determined by the Gabba clash with Handscomb vying with Harris for a final spot in the top six.
FFS Langer. Why is Mitch Marsh an automatic pick?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
So are we any closer to picking our top 6

Finch 50, 1
Harris 2, 62
Khawaja 41
Handscomb 81, 53
Head 49
Smarsh 70*
Mmarsh 6
Im curious to know if everyone think these were good or bad performances as I think they are actually quite good although you'd obviously want to see a century. 7 40+ scores from 10 innings is nice.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Im curious to know if everyone think these were good or bad performances as I think they are actually quite good although you'd obviously want to see a century. 7 40+ scores from 10 innings is nice.
Just an update

Finch 50, 1
Harris 2, 62
Khawaja 41, 18
Handscomb 81, 53
Head 49
Smarsh 81, 0
Mmarsh 6, 30

So now 7 40+ scores from 13 innings, with Head still to bat