• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian test selection 2018/19

howardj

International Coach
He's my little brother

Little bastard

Geez I'm sick of Langer's jingoism, his focus on mental toughness (don't worry about technique), and his selection favouritism.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There's a blast from the past

Remember when he was crazy good for a season
He had so much talent. Probably more than everyone thought Marsh had. Unfortunately alcoholism and mental illness took its toll and he retired very young.

Gnske

Steve Cazzulino was still playing for Tas in Pomersbach's last match, it was that long ago. And it was only 2014.

stephen

Yeah he's the same age as Shaun Marsh. Shaun Marsh managed to get his act together after the drinking incident in 2007 but Pomersbach found it a lot harder.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah he's the same age as Shaun Marsh. Shaun Marsh managed to get his act together after the drinking incident in 2007 but Pomersbach found it a lot harder.
Sounds like a young player with a lot of potential, who could really become a world class player if given enough chances.

TheJediBrah

This. We will roll out roads and rely on our bowling to get 20 wickets. Despite how awful the batting looks touring teams not called SA tend to struggle bowling on Aus roads.
Why would we though. When have Aus helped themselves in pitch preparation recently? We've already moved the Gabba Test so that India don't have to play at the ground where they are most likely to lose to Aus. Banned our 2 best players. I'd almost expect us to prepare slow low tracks to suit India was much as possible like 2014.

AnthonyC

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Has any side had an "all rounder", who was lower on the all rounder rankings than the entire bowling line up before?

Name Rank Rating
Starc 8 246
Cummins 10 239
Lyon 26 128
Hazelwood 28 127
MMarch 32 117

stephen

Has any side had an "all rounder", who was lower on the all rounder rankings than the entire bowling line up before?

Name Rank Rating
Starc 8 246
Cummins 10 239
Lyon 26 128
Hazelwood 28 127
MMarch 32 117
That's really funny actually.

TheJediBrah

Name Rank Rating
Starc 8 246
Cummins 10 239
Lyon 26 128
Hazelwood 28 127
MMarch 32 117
When Lyon and Hazlewood are in the top 30 ranked all-rounders then I think it's clear that your rating system needs an overhaul

Gnske

I think that's more than fair tbh, there aren't that many all-rounders in test cricket and England has 75% of them.

TheJediBrah

I think that's more than fair tbh, there aren't that many all-rounders in test cricket and England has 75% of them.
It doesn't make any sense though. At that point the All-rounder list might as well just be the best players list, regardless of whether you can do more than one discipline. Lyon and Hazlewood have done nothing with the bat. If they're on the list then why isn't Virat Kohli in the top 10?

TheJediBrah

Because the guy has bowled like 3 overs in the last four years.
And Lyon and Hazlewood have made **** all runs. That's my point. It's like all you have to do to get on the all-rounders list if you're a decent bowler is to have batted and maybe made a couple of 20s?

Gnske

It's not an exact science, but I think the ratings are fairly accurate. Marnus at 55 or so is the only questionable one.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
On the all rounder thing, Starc has made more 50s per innings batted than Mitch Marsh has.

The fact that MMarsh has only made five scores over 50 in fifty one innings is a huge problem.

I've always been a MMarsh fan but his inability to bat long periods as a top six bat is seriously hurting the team. I'd advocate him being dropped this summer especially with Smith and Warner out.

Spikey

i think it's good that a coach and selector calls a player "like a brother". for one, it makes them seem not as much of an old ****.