• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Squad

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tanveer Sangha as the back up spinner, even if he isn't in the squad, is weird. I get taking him on the SA tour to give a young player experience but if you really wanted your next best spinner for these conditions other than Agar surely Kuhnemann or Murphy would be better options

Ali TT

International Debutant
Thought the Aussies were alright coming into this comp but apparently they're taking inspiration from their egg-throwing brethren. Still time to rescue it I guess.

JBMAC

State Captain
Stoinis,Zampa,Green and Inglis are having a "jolly good holiday. Should be replaced by Neser, Knuneman Elyse Perry and Alyssa Healy. They could do no less than the former four.

the big bambino

International Captain
Okay anyone starting to get worries about Australia cricket future now
After having a bitch after the Saffer game I’m now delusionally optimistic. It’s a long tournament and when form changes you can go on a streak either way. Our form has been trash leading up to and including the WC. If we hit form we could yet pilfer this thing.

NZ should worry. 3 wickets lost in 2 games is not good. Hardly anyone else is getting a hit. Eventually they’ll need them and POW! collapse. Then the doubts will set in.

India will still win it though.

Qlder

State Vice-Captain
Where to now? Carey and Green dropped after one game so surely can't bring them back for their replacements Inglis and Stoinis who both failed. Head still injured so Abbott only player left to try.

I'd give Stoinis and Inglis one more game but drop Cummins for Abbott and have Smith or Marsh captain or Aus is going to be 0-3 real quick

Last edited:

Socerer 01

International Captain
Where to now? Carey and Green dropped after one game so surely can't bring them back for their replacements Inglis and Stoinis who both failed. Head still injured so Abbott only player left to try.

I'd give Stoinis and Inglis one more game but drop Cummins for Abbott and have Smith or Marsh captain or Aus is going to be 0-3 real quick
not like Stoinis has been failing since eternity

loterry1994

International Debutant
I don’t think they should change much for their third match. Just have to back themselves now to beat Sri Lanka which on paper looks one the weaker sides and that will give them momentum and confidence again. Don’t see the point in chopping and changing now after giving people 1 game

Qlder

State Vice-Captain
With Travis Head coming back for Dutch game, top 3 likely to be Warner, Head and Marsh. Who would you have at #4, Smith or Labushagne?

Smith: 72 runs @ 18.00, HS 46, SR 71.28
Labushagne: 121 runs @ 30.25, HS 46, SR 64.70

Smith also has 3 ducks in last 8 ODI's so I'd be going Marnus on current form

loterry1994

International Debutant
There’s some rumours they might drop Marsh . I really like Marsh at 3 for us in the future but lot of people here don’t agree with it. Think he has it in him to bat longer innings and not just be the finisher at 4 and below

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
There’s some rumours they might drop Marsh . I really like Marsh at 3 for us in the future but lot of people here don’t agree with it. Think he has it in him to bat longer innings and not just be the finisher at 4 and below
Marsh just made a 100 last game lol and has been our best bat this WC, no way they drop him.

loterry1994

International Debutant
Marsh just made a 100 last game lol and has been our best bat this WC, no way they drop him.
Yeah I know just saw some guys on fox cricket in Australia said it’s a chance happening I doubt it as well. I still hope they put Marsh at 3, our powerplay with the bat been the issue this tournament but last game we done well in it. We need big starts I think having 3 power guys up the front 3 looks way better

loterry1994

International Debutant
With Travis Head coming back for Dutch game, top 3 likely to be Warner, Head and Marsh. Who would you have at #4, Smith or Labushagne?

Smith: 72 runs @ 18.00, HS 46, SR 71.28
Labushagne: 121 runs @ 30.25, HS 46, SR 64.70

Smith also has 3 ducks in last 8 ODI's so I'd be going Marnus on current form
I’d keep Smith for sure. His shown he can do it on the big stages in odis before plus Marnus is a piss ass fielder half the time. Both their strike rates are worrying but it’s been shown plenty of times already that if our openers fall early then the rest have struggled