• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Open Predictions thread

c_eagle

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
If (huge if,) Safin beats Federer, the winner will be decided in Hewit and Roddick's semi, if (when) Federer wins, he will be too strong for the 2 left in the Bottom half of the draw.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
c_eagle said:
If (huge if,) Safin beats Federer, the winner will be decided in Hewit and Roddick's semi, if (when) Federer wins, he will be too strong for the 2 left in the Bottom half of the draw.
So according to you Safin would have no chance vs Hewitt or Roddick. Why!?

That is IF he beats Federer.

c_eagle

Pratyush said:
So according to you Safin would have no chance vs Hewitt or Roddick. Why!?

That is IF he beats Federer.
Pinpoint where I said "no chance."

Roddick and Hewitt are both Federer's bitches and they are just not capable of beating him.

Safin, on the other hand, is consistently inconsistent enough to test Federer's rythm and has big enough shots off the ground to make him a threat.

BUT, I think Roddick and Hewitt are both better tennis players than Safin (the rankings agree with me,) and therefore the final would come out their way.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
c_eagle said:
Pinpoint where I said "no chance."

"If (huge if,) Safin beats Federer, the winner will be decided in Hewit and Roddick's semi"

If the winner will be decided in the other semi final, the implication is Safin would have no chance in the final.

Roddick and Hewitt are both Federer's bitches and they are just not capable of beating him.
No top 10 player has beaten Federer since Oct/Noc 2004 and shows more about his dominance than any thing else.

BUT, I think Roddick and Hewitt are both better tennis players than Safin (the rankings agree with me,)
Safin has played tremendously at the end of 2004 and in this tournament. He is no push over and is capable of beating Hewitt and Roddick. Safin has achieved lesser in his career but apart from the bad beginning to 2005, Safin's come back of sorts has been tremendous.

c_eagle

Pratyush said:
If the winner will be decided in the other semi final, the implication is Safin would have no chance in the final.
It's what us earthlings call a "prediction." I didn't put any stipulation on my prediction, including a 'no chance' label. I think it will be a very close match, most likely a long 4/5 setter if Safin plays Hewitt or Roddick. He obviously has a great chance of winning, I just won't think he will.

No top 10 player has beaten Federer since Oct/Noc 2004 and shows more about his dominance than any thing else.
With every win, you're closer to losing. In saying that, I think Federer will win the tournament, if you read my post, you'll get that vibe.

Safin has played tremendously at the end of 2004 and in this tournament. He is no push over and is capable of beating Hewitt and Roddick. Safin has achieved lesser in his career but apart from the bad beginning to 2005, Safin's come back of sorts has been tremendous.
Safin is a lazy git, with all the talent in the world but no heart. Obviously he is capable of beating Hewitt and Roddick, I just think both these players being denied by Federer previously, will grab this oppurtunity with both hands. Assuming Safin wins, of course.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
c_eagle's posts aren't actually that far off. The only thing that he isn't really thinking about is the time Hewitt has had on the court. If Hewitt gets past Roddick, and Safin gets past Federer, I'm sure Safin will have confidence in himself to take him out. Time on the court will be an issue for Hewitt. He's a fighter, but he's still human.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ohhhh, all my closest rivals tipping safin, i love it, this is the make or break day....

Go ROG!!!!