• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Open Predictions thread

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Jono said:
Pratyush my man :cool:

If you win, dedicate it to me :happy: :p
Ya Jono would be a pleasure to dedicate it to you! :)

But you will have to dedicate your French open predictions league win to me as well ;)

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
udpated after semi finals...

Overall
Pratyush - 310
Son of Coco - 302
broncoman - 284
Mister Wright - 283
Marc - 280
Ed - 280
Hakon - 235
V Reddy - 220
Jono - 214
Buddhmaster - 206
Biased Indian - 147
Cloete - 68
Hoggy31 - 48
Blewy - 46
andyc - 32
thewizard1o1 - 22
Slats - 20
Nikhil 1772 - 19
James90 - 19

Dydl

International Debutant
I don't have enough confidence in either of them to predict who will win it..

If Hewett does, he will be the first Australian to win the Australian Open since 1976 :huh:

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I was hoping you'd go for Safin! That means my pick can be:

Lleyton Hewitt.

I didn't want to have to tip against him just to have a chance of getting ahead, but would have if necessary.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
marc71178 said:
Darn it - 1 of the 4 above me copied my pick.
If you are referring to me, I would like to clarify that I would have chosen Safin any way because I was very confident of him winning.

I went with a different pick than yours in Roddick vs Hewitt as I figured this could be the make or break match for me with you leading by two points.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I was referring to you - but by saying copy didn't mean you copied me, just predicted the same!

I went for Safin half because I liked him and half because the other 3 were on Hewitt - that then meant that you had to go get the winner in order to win!

Dydl

International Debutant
I don't like Hewitt's attitude towards winning. He is kind of showing that winning is everything and that isn't exactly a good thing for kids to learn. Hewitt's tantrum when he was called for a foot-fault justifies that.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
well done to pratyush for winning the tipping comp, however i think we need to look at restructuring the points system for the french open, im not very happy that ed and i were so dominant in the early rounds and were blown away because of 1 or 2 matches in latter rounds. instead of doubling the points, i think we should look at just adding 1 point per round... so the final is worth 7...