• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian domestic season 2021/22

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
he either intentionally tried to hit hughes, or the guy everyone's been sucking off for two weeks about how great he is can't aim a throw at the stumps from meters away, making him no better than Kane Richardson

Spikey

and lyon and starc should be booted out of the innings when they do that **** too. you can get booted out of the innings for attempting to bowl yorkers and missing them but straight up throwing balls at the batsman gets a "oh you shouldn't do that"

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
That throw from Patto probably was a bit dumb, but the way you lot are carrying on you would think he bowled a deliberate beamer from 15 yards out

Lets all give the moralistic pearl clutching a rest here

Also, looks like Murray Goodwin's son is in line for his WA dayboo

Spikey

That throw from Patto probably was a bit dumb, but the way you lot are carrying on you would think he bowled a deliberate beamer from 15 yards out

Lets all give the moralistic pearl clutching a rest here

Also, looks like Murray Goodwin's son is in line for his WA dayboo
Why would a deliberate beamer from 15 meters be particularly worse than a deliberate attempt to throw the ball at Hughes' feet? (From even closer). They're in same postcode of horrid **** that Cricket Australia would be attempting to stamp out if they actually cared about improving the culture of Australian cricket (that is, players turning into big cry babies when the going gets tough and doing dumb **** like throwing the ball at batsmen or doing a bad job of ball tampering because the New Real AB is kicking your arse all over the place)

Last edited:

Spikey

Well if Pattinson was attempting to hit the stumps I dare say that might explain why he only got Sangha out yesterday

TheJediBrah

He wasn't attempting to hit the stumps. Looked to me that he was just being a dumbass and limply aimed it toward the ground to avoid actually risking hurting the batsman but ended up ironically causing more damage by hitting him on the foot.

Obviously still stupid behaviour and shouldn't have thrown the ball at all but let's stop pretending that he was deliberately trying to hit the batsman's foot

Spikey

More to the point of my original post, Pattinson doesn't actually face any trouble from throwing it at his feet, so it's not like I can get upset at him. If you can't beat them, beat them up.

if cricket was a normal sport and Pattinson actually could be taken out of the game for doing whatever he was trying to do (at best, I can only think that was he attempting to intermediate Hughes which is ...yeah) I could perhaps understand jumping through hoops to try to defend because he's surely not dumb enough to risk getting kicked from the game on day 4, but as it is, he's clearly just being a piece of **** like plenty an Australian bowler before him, and its a systematic issue that needs to be stop before someone does get seriously injured

Also he's basically a pom now so the ECB should answer for this

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
This whole "culture" stuff is so absurdly overblown you could use it as an airship.

I have nothing but utter contempt for those who saw Cape Town as an excuse to jump on their high horse and and eulogise about a supposed "better culture" that never existed in the first place. To some degree or another, cricketers have always been ****s

I do agree on one thing though, the worst thing about the ball tampering is what an appallingly hamfisted job they did

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Apparently Skull is tipping Jake Carder as an Ashes bolter

Honestly never heard of the guy but at least he’s not Harris

Cool Howie

Cricket Spectator
I've got no idea why Patto seems to be widely considered a top bloke. Got banned for a homophobic slur as well.