• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2017/18

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I feel like with SOK playing they could almost get away with the 5 bowlers thing, but at a certain point it's just idiotic

brockley

International Captain
Pick Jakk Edwards instead of Moises Henriques and Nick Larken,solves 1 problem,Don't know what other 6 batsmen you call up.
Jakk Edwards bowls right fast medium,opens the innings,had a stellar under 19 career.Only worry is he is 17 and still developing.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yep knew noone would find a name ahead of my boi.

NSW does seem a very unexciting lineup. They have no PONIs in the XI which is unusual. I want to see a Sangha, Uppal and Fallins get opportunities.

Burgey

They played four batsmen. Four. Been doing this sort of **** for years. #Johnstonout

Hughes
Cowan
Paterson
Solway
Maddog
Henriques
Bertmentum
Copes
SOK/ Somerville
Stobo/ Dermo
CanDo

Love Nev but he’s done nothing with the bat other than play French Cricket since the SL tour. Move on. If they want to play a second spinner then bring Green in for one of the quicks and bat him seven or eight. I don’t even know if SOK is fit at all these days.

The normal monumental stupidity of selecting so few batsmen is only amplified when they’re playing with Dukes balls.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Solway? I thought he was still with the ACT, but apparently not. Not really what I would have expected but he seems in good form.

Burgey

I’m looking at blokes who’ve done well in Futures and on first grade. Lenton has done pretty well too

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I’m looking at blokes who’ve done well in Futures and on first grade. Lenton has done pretty well too
Fair enough. My knowledge of Sydney first grade is patchy at best, I take your word for it.

Meanwhile at Adelaide Oval, the Vics seem to be going along quite comfortably, need some wickets soon

Spark

Global Moderator
So Social Jnr, who has previously shown ZERO ability with the bat, has suddenly gone nuts

In his previous match, it was his turn to open and he got 72* before retiring after 25 balls

Today he scored 40 off 11 before running himself out on the first time he left his crease and followed it up with 12 off 2 when they batted again

I'm not going to pretend that the standard is great (it's under 12s) or that he's the next big thing but for a kid whose bat had never previously been in the same postcode as the ball, it's left me feeling seriously chuffed
Haha, superb

Riggins

International Captain
who tf is Eamonn Vines and why is he randomly coming in to bat at no. 3 for Victoria?

Maybe because they know Maxwell will be back and they don't want to mess with anyone else's batting spots
he made like 2000 grade runs in the last two years and has plundered futures attacks this year. for someone who bangs on about being an awesome grade cricketer i'm surprised you haven't heard of him.

Spikey

boy i hope nsw don't play tasmania while Matt Wade and Forkers Faulkner are opening the bowling. we won't crack 100

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
One thing on the behaviour of the Dukes ball in the round just gone. People talk about how the atmospheric conditions are more favourable to swing in England even though there isn't really a proven mechanism for this yet despite the ball used here being apparently slightly different to those used in England (I think a little more lacquer for our abrasive pitches) the movement was often quite comparable to many a match in England, both in extent and duration. I think it shows that it really is down to the fundamental difference in the two balls, the Dukes having a more prominent seam and being harder than the Kookaburra.

brockley

International Captain
Here's a poll within a poll.
Which state players have reached their used by date?
Moises Henriques?
Dan Christian? Tom Cooper?
Just a few names 2 start with?As we approach the 2nd half,then the end of the season.
Just a future look?

TheJediBrah

he made like 2000 grade runs in the last two years and has plundered futures attacks this year. for someone who bangs on about being an awesome grade cricketer i'm surprised you haven't heard of him.
Must be confusing me with someone else. I haven't even lived in Melbourne for over 5 years

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hello Eamonn

Burgey

Here's a poll within a poll.
Which state players have reached their used by date?
Moises Henriques?
Dan Christian? Tom Cooper?
Just a few names 2 start with?As we approach the 2nd half,then the end of the season.
Just a future look?
Pete Nevill.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Nice poll within a poll.

Dan Christian is my pick. Definitely the guy I had in mind and was thinking that this must be it for him while watching him play in the Bash.

I still think he could play first class cricket but honestly I think he will go around the world and play more T20.

Not Cooper though, he was just made captain.